10 Most Expensive Wheelchairs That You Can Buy!
The mobility of a person can get affected due to a medical issue or an accident. The wheelchair comes as a handy solution in this situation as it delivers total freedom of mobility and comfort. This is why the most expensive wheelchairs are prefered more than the usual ones. While an electric wheelchair gives greater freedom and independence, a manually operated wheelchair is much easier to use.
Different kinds of wheelchairs have their own pros and cons. But when it is about your health and comfort then you ought to pick the best one. If you are considering buying a wheelchair and wish to pick the best one then you must definitely go for one, which is higher in quality. However, one thing to know is that higher quality and more features come at a higher price.
Hence, this post talks about the most expensive wheelchairs that are worth buying. Since these wheelchairs are pricey and incorporated with multiple features, so they are also called as luxury wheelchairs.
Why Pick the Most Expensive Wheelchair?
It’s true that expensive wheelchairs will cost you more bucks, but then it comes with numerous rich features and functionalities. The best thing is that these wheelchairs are made of best quality material, which is sturdy and robust. They are engineered using best-in-class frame and body, which makes it a long-lasting product.
Moreover, it is easier to adjust and customize such wheelchairs as per the unique needs of the users. In addition to being more convenient and durable, they come with rich features like adjustable armrests, elevating leg rests, adjustable footrests, safety brakes, safety straps, shock absorbers, cushioned back and seat, Motor power, and more.
Considering all such aspects and comfort of the user, here we list the most expensive wheelchairs that can be absolutely perfect for you.
List of The Top 10 Most Expensive Wheelchairs
1. FACAI Electric Lightweight Wheelchair Power Wheelchair Easy to Drive Wheelchairs Walker Folding Portable Travel Mobility Aids Equipment Wheelchairs Walker
- High-magnification battery pack, longer battery life, powerful dual motor drive, low power loss, easy climbing. It comes with 2 units of powerful 320W motors.
- The wheelchair is made of ultra-light aluminum alloy frame, suitable for indoor and outdoor use. Smart joystick, easy to control, suitable for conscious people
- Comfortable and durable, widened pedals, comfortable riding experience. Electric wheelchair with rear anti-rolling wheel, effectively preventing the wheelchair...
- Wheelchairs are comfortable and soft, and nylon seats and backs are very comfortable. Wheelchairs with seat belt, more protection, prevent falling down when you...
- Ergonomically designed for comfort. Operate this motorized wheelchair in grass, gravel, or snow, with a long lasting battery life and shock absorber for ride...
Now, you must be thinking about what makes this wheelchair the most expensive one. It is because this is the lightest power wheelchair designed to offer maximum comfort and convenience to the users. Being the lightest chair, you can easily carry it along from one place to the other. In addition to a comfortable height of 52CM, this wheelchair comes with seat belt, anti roll wheels, and widened pedals.
Further, you can easily use this unit on grass, gravel or snow. It comes with 2 units of powerful 320W motors. This item is highly durable and easy to use and comes with quick release rear wheels. With this wheelchair in hand, moving around will become really comfortable and hassle-free.
- Long Battery Pack
- Lightest and Safest wheelchair
- Seat Belts included to prevent Falling
- Highly durable
- Comfortable Nylon Seats
- Excellent weight holding capacity
- Battery operated
- Comes with a user manual
- Comfortable to sit and stand
- It involves an additional cost of changing batteries.
2. Leo II Lightest Manual Standing Wheelchair 59lb High-Grade Aluminum Alloy Mobility Hand-Powered with Polyurethane Suspension
- Frequent standing can greatly improve the health of wheelchair users. Not only it prevents bedsore, it also improves bowel movement, heart and lung function,...
- Proprietary user-controlled stand-up & sit-down mechanism to prevent muscle spasm during up & down movement. User must have strength on both arms and hand. Now...
- Total operational weight of 27 kg (59 lbs) and able to decrease to 21.5 kg (47 lbs). Quick release front and rear wheels with foldable backrest for easier...
- Adjustable leg length, seat depth and angle adjustable footrest to suit different users. Available in 14", 16" and 18" seat width.
- Polyurethane rear wheels suspension for better riding comfort over rough surfaces. Comes with adjustable anti-tilt support. This full aluminium alloy standing...
The wheelchair comes with a user-controlled sit-down and stand-up mechanism to prevent spasm of muscles during movement. In order to use this chair, it is essential to have a core and arm strength so that you can do exercises by standing up. While its total operational weight is 59lbs, the weight can be decreased to 47lbs. It comes with a foldable backrest and quick release front rear wheels that make it easier to transport even in a truck.
It has adjustable leg length, footrest, and seat depth to cater needs of different users. You even have the option to select between different seat widths of 14”, 16”, and 18”. The rear wheels have polyurethane suspension to give comfortable riding comfort even when you move on rough surfaces. The wheelchair has anti-tilt adjustable support and the entire body is made completely of aluminum. The wheelchair is made of top-quality workmanship and materials to meet the highest quality standards and safety requirements.
- Excellent standing wheelchair holding great durability
- Complete aluminum body enhances durability
- User-controlled stand and sit-up functionality
- Easy to transport and move
- Adjustable footrest, leg length, and seat depth
- Available in seats of different widths
- Polyurethane suspension makes it comfortable to ride on rough surfaces
- Anti-tilt support
- Made of excellent workmanship and materials
- Great for home use and traveling
- Easy to use
- Extremely stylish and durable
- Weighs 72.8 pounds
- It does not intend to cure any ailment
3. Rehab Tilt-in-Space Adult, 18” Wide WheelchairThe next wheelchair in our list of most expensive wheelchairs is an aluminum body manually operated wheelchair by Dalton Medical. It is an advanced design that comes with reclining and tilting functions. Hence, it aims to offer users with maximum comfort and convenience while they are on this wheelchair.
The product meets the requirements of an adult and has a height of 18”. It comes with an ergonomic seating system that is further enhanced with an extendable armrest of 8” x 2”. Further, it has quick release rear wheels that make it easy to carry. Also, the wheelchair has pneumatic airless tires that ensure you can move it along with ease.
The wheelchair has a tilting angle of 5-25 degrees and reclining angle of 30 degrees. Sitting on this wheelchair is absolutely comfortable as it has a contoured seat backed with comfortable cushions and headrest. The seat is comfortable and the wheelchair is easy to use. This item is extremely durable but is not stylish. It is but perfects to meet the basic needs of individuals suffering from partial issues.
- Excellent tilting and reclining wheelchair
- Aluminum body, which is sturdy and strong
- Excellently designed to offer maximum comfort to the user
- Ergonomic seating design
- Extendable armrest
- Quick release rear wheels
- Pneumatic airless tires
- Contoured seat back and headrest
- The product is meant only for adults and is not much stylish
4. Karman MVP502 20” x 18” Seat Lightweight Ergonomic Reclining Wheelchair
- ➦ FREE 130 dB Portable Personal Security Matte Blue Alarm (A $24.95 VALUE!!!) & Silver Seat Belt (A $29.99 VALUE!!!) – For Patients and Caregivers. The...
- ➦ Tension Strap Adjustable Seat & Backrest; Height Adjustable Arms; High Strength Aircraft Grade Aluminum, weighs only 33 lbs. (w/o footrests)
- ➦ Patented “V” Shape Seating (anti-thrust, slippage); "Tube-in Center" footplate
- ➦ Available in Transport 14" wheels or 22" Rear wheels; Folding/ Ultra Compact; Aegis Anti-Bacterial Upholstery
- 👉 ATTENTION BUYERS: ✅ Please Provide A Reliable Phone Number So The Shipping Company Can Contact You If Needed. If Not Provided, Your Item Could Be Delayed...
It weighs only 33lbs without footrests and is designed with tension strap. You can even adjust the backrest, seat, and arms as per your convenience. It is designed with high-grade aircraft aluminum that ensures the product retains its durability and serves longer. The next good thing about this wheelchair is its patented V-shape seating that comes with anti-slippage and anti-thrust feature. Also, there is a tube-in-center footplate that further enhances the comfort of a user.
This wheelchair is available in 22” rear wheels and 14” transport wheels. It is an ultra-compact and foldable design that can be transported easily. The anti-bacterial upholstery and flat-free polyurethane tires make it easy to maintain. With a reclining backrest of 93-160 degrees and a seat width of 20”, the product is available in beautiful diamond black color.
- Weight holding capacity of 250lbs
- Beautiful diamond black color
- Polyurethane Tires
- Ultra-compact and foldable design
- Available in rear wheels and transport wheels
- Comfortable seat size
- Tube-in-center footplate
- Patented V-shape seat design
- Aircraft grade aluminum frame
- Adjustable arms and height
- Adjustable strap, seat, and backrest
- Anti-bacterial upholstery
- It does not include anti-tippers. But those can be separately purchased.
5. Karman Healthcare MVP502-20 Ergonomic V-Seat Reclining Wheelchair, Diamond Black, 22 inches Rear Wheels
- Dimensions of the seat is and the height is 20 inches
Safety and stability will never be an issue with this product as it comes with standard anti-tipper, which prevents the chair from flipping backward. Even the frame is easy to hold that allow users to conveniently store the chair in a storage space or vehicle. Furthermore, the chair has rigidifying push bars attached to push handles offering users a more comfortable and convenient push bar experience.
The ergonomic design is enhanced further with anti-sliding V-seating that also relieves overall pressure on the body. While its backrest reclines smoothly to 160 degrees, the ergonomic armrest design can be adjusted as per comfort. With 3D elevating footrests, it becomes easier to enable greater micro-adjustments for all sorts of movements.
- Attractive diamond black color
- Anti-bacterial aegis upholstery
- Enhanced stability and safety with anti-tipper technology
- Sturdy push bars
- Easy to hold frame
- Convenient to store and transport
- Anti-sliding V-seating eliminates pressure on the body
- Reclining backrest
- Ergonomic armrest design
- 3D elevating footrest
- 20 inches seat width
- 20 inches rear wheels
- It is not the most lightweight option but is equipped with numerous rich features.
6. Wheelchair Folding Transport with Aluminum Alloy Ultra Light Aluminum Alloy Quick Release Rear Wheel Shock Absorption Trolley Manual Transport for Elderly Disabled.
- ✔ The back of the hand can be non-slip, safe to use and save space. The soft armrest rests comfortably. Suitable for any office work, you can put your desk in...
- ✔ Collapsible foot pedal: The aluminum pedal configuration ensures the safety of the wheelchair and increases the overall service life, giving consumers a...
- ✔ Comfortable and gentle armrests: Flexible and comfortable armrests are designed with special materials to relieve stress and relax your arms.
- ✔ Solid million forward wheel: Front wear-resistant universal front wheel, specially equipped with a new type of arm, which is novel and practical,...
- Satisfaction of after-sell service: our products have been rigorously tested and loved because we believe you deserve the best. If you have any questions, feel...
It comes with soft armrests which make it comfortable while working. The wheelchair has a collapsable foot pedal that ensures the safety of the user. Another great feature of this wheelchair is 13CM rear wheels. With a total weight of 13kg, it is an excellent transport wheelchair. In additionally it comes with easy access brake locks for large as well as small wheels.
Also, there are foot operated quick release rear wheels and front wheel casters. It can conveniently withstand the weight of up to 100kg. The transport mode rear wheels and flat free rear wheels make it easy to transport to different places. The innovative frame design and conveniently maneuvers narrow aisle make it one of the best wheelchairs to buy.
- Ultra Light aluminum frame
- Convertible mode from a wheelchair to a transport wheelchair
- Unique frame design
- Shock Absorber Cushion Tire
- Soft Armrests are comfortable for work
- Flat rear wheels and transport mode rear wheels
- Collapsable foot pedals
- Quick release rear wheels
- Brakes for small and large wheels
- The push handle cannot be adjusted
7. DMQNA Heavy Duty Bariatric Folding Expensive Wheelchair,Lightweight Aluminium Folding Self Prope Wheelchair,with Handbrakes and Quick Release Rear Wheels
- ✔ Quick release wheels ✔ Folding handle bars ✔ Flip up arm rests ✔ Folds away for easy storage ✔ Lightweight and compact
- ✔Strong Nylon seat with added back and base cushioning
- ✔ Made from light weight aluminium ✔ Attendant Brake and parking brake for security and stability
- ✔ Folds away for easy storage - Max weight 200kg
- ✔ Solid tires are not afraid of being inflated, and the front and rear four wheels are made of solid PU rubber tires with good shock resistance.Different...
One good thing about this product is its 68cm chair width that just not offers lasting comfort but is also very convenient to clean. Moreover, it is made of a sturdy aluminum alloy material that offers it great stability when used with or without assistance. It also comes with durable tires with Quick release wheels, which maintains its durability and reliability to a great extent.
Another excellent aspect of the wheelchair is that it can be adjusted to various sizes. You can easily match the seat width to the weight of the user and get absolute comfort. This wheelchair is an excellent item for rehabilitation as it allows users to perform all sorts of exercises without experiencing any discomfort. So, if you are looking for a premium-grade product then this wheelchair is definitely one of the best options available.
- Easy to maneuver, lightweight
- Sturdy enough to support weight up to 200kgs
- Enhances comfort and eliminates pressure
- Excellent for home-use
- Foldable, easy to use, transport-friendly
- Unmatched reliability and safety
- Lasting convenience and value
- Strong body frame
- Let you perform numerous exercises
- Adjustable seat width in accordance with user’s weight
- It may not be as comfortable outdoors as it is indoors
8. ROLLEEZ Beach Wheelchair with Wheeleez Large Front, Small Rear Rolleez Pneumatic Sand Wheels
- Four wheels - will not tip in a sharp turn - Swivel casters in back for easy forward steering
- Made with furniture grade PVC Maintenance free - Will not rust, corrode, chip, peel or fade
- Wheelchair overall size: 41" high x 34.5" wide x 41" deep
- Weight capacity: 250 lbs. Product weight: 100 lbs.
The ROLLEEZ wheelchair lets you cross the sand, step into the sea, and move over all kinds of obstacles. Even if you wish to swim, you can float easily with it. Among expensive wheelchairs, this one is designed by a group of expert paramedics who have tested and certified this product perfect for people experiencing restricted mobility. The wheelchair is a fantastic product that adapts conveniently to each individual’s specific requirements.
It is a reliable, safe, and sturdy item that you can absolutely trust. It lets you enjoy family time pleasures, enjoy sports with friends, stroll along coastal regions, and move around in the mountains or woods. Even, you don’t have to be accompanied by anyone else if you are using this wheelchair. It is because it comes with a push bar, harness, headrest, and armrests, which can be adjusted as per needs. In addition to a safety harness, the wheelchair comes with a transport bag, adjustable back, adjustable armrest, multi-purpose headrest, and brakes.
- Excellent product for outdoor activities
- Offers great relaxation and comfort to the user
- Ideal for all sorts of season
- Designed by expert paramedics
- Perfect for people with restricted mobility
- Comes with numerous adjustable features
- Do not have to be accompanied by other
- Comes with a safety harness
- Includes adjustable armrests, headrest, and brakes
- Includes additional transport bag to enhance comfort
- Water-resistance body
- Made With Furniture Grade PVC
- The wheelchair floats on water but is not a boat
9. Lightweight Transport Chair, Fully Lying High Back Wheelchair, Elderly Disabled Person Folding Wheelchair,Transport Mobility Wheelchair
- ★Removable aviation aluminum alloy high backrest, seat cushion, 180° full tilt wheelchair
- ★With swinging lift leg bracket, metal foot pedal, rear anti-roller and push lock wheel lock
- ★Hypoallergenic armrest pad, comfortable and breathable, armrest support ring, tires do not need to pump, more convenient to use
- ★Padded armrests with head restraints and headrest extensions provide more comfort for the patient
- ★Double armrests are long, detachable, easy for patients to move, solid wheels have no air, easy to maintain, don't worry about the back of the tires
It is easy to fold and store as it comes with pull up folding straps on both the sides of the seat cushion. Also, the wheelchair can be folded to an extremely small and compact size. It is a lightweight model that can fit easily into a car or truck. The best feature of this wheelchair is its 450mm seat width and a 740mm back rest height. Most importantly, it comes with a comfortable and breathable material that ensures the comfort of users is maintained completely.
In addition to this, it comes with an upgraded thickened and widened dining table and deepened fixed trough table plate that is much easier to carry and more comfortable. There is also an added thick pull-up potty and a pull-out design. The wheelchair is easy to clean and care, and hence, the ideal choice for users with completes mobility issues.
- Fully lying design
- Perfect for people with complete mobility issues
- Easy to fold and store
- Compact and small size
- Lightweight yet sturdy
- Breathable and comfortable material
- Widened dining table
- Easy to maintain and clean
- It may not be a comfortable choice for individuals with partial mobility issues.
10. BYCDD Steel Frame Transport Wheelchair, Folding Portable with Locking Hand Brakes, Elevating Leg Rests for Extra Comfort,Black
- FOLDABLE: This durable transport chair Convenient design, compact, easy-folding and great for travel
- DURABLE: Durable steel frame provides reliable stability when using independently or with assistance
- MULTIFUNCTION: Elevating leg rests enhance comfort and remove easily.
- EASY TO CLEAN: Simple to clean and the footrests swing away for seamless mounting and dismounting.
- ASSEMBLY: No tools and essentially no assembly required. Simply attach the footrests and back safety rollers and you are done.
It comes with unmatched safety and offers enhanced reliability and convenience. It holds long-lasting value and delivers lasting convenience and comfort. It is particularly designed for caregivers and users who are looking out for options that are durable as well as easy to use. The wheelchair comes with a strong frame, which is lightweight and quite convenient to maneuver.
It is a specially built model that lets you move freely without meeting any hassles. The product can handle weight up to 100kg. It aids mobility and perfect even you have to move in a jiffy. The wheelchair is an excellent choice for athletes and sportsperson as it enables them to perform all kinds of exercises with ease.
- Easy to maneuver
- Robust and sturdy design
- Support weight up to 100kgs
- Offers unmatched safety and reliability
- Adjustable leg rests
- Holds lasting value and provides great convenience
- Excellently build model that allows complete freedom of movement
- Perfect to perform all sorts of exercises
- The tires are suitable only for flat surfaces, thus it can only be used at home
The Buyers Guide To The Most Expensive Wheelchairs
Since you will be investing lots of money in your wheelchair so there are some essential aspects that you need to consider while making a final decision. Here check our brief yet informative buying guide on picking the best among expensive wheelchairs.
- Consider Recommendations from Doctor – Before you start looking for a wheelchair, you must first consult your doctor and ask recommendations for the same. If you are suffering from a special mobility issue, then this aspect becomes even more important. Might be, they inform you about your specific requirements or suggestions.
- Body Frame – Secondly, check for the body frame of the wheelchair. The frame must be made of high-quality material. It must be sturdy and strong. If it holds resistance to water and damages, then this is an additional advantage. Most expensive wheelchairs are distinguished because of a sturdy frame. But you need to find one that suits your needs.
- Width of the Chair and Seat – In addition to checking the width of the seat, you must also check the overall width of the chair. The chair width must be in accordance with the weight of the user as only then it can deliver maximum comfort. Make sure you get complete comfort while sitting on the chair.
- Height of Seat from Floor – If the height of the wheelchair is ideal then only it will be easier to move in and out of the chair. Hence, do check for this aspect before making a final purchase.
- Seat Cushion – A cushioned seat, backrest and armrest offers more comfort to the users. It’s better if the cushion can get in and out as per the requirement.
- Functionality – Some people prefer using an electric wheelchair while others are comfortable using a manually operated wheelchair. Based on your requirements, you can pick a wheelchair. Keep in mind that expensive wheelchairs are not better if the price is more. It is based on personal liking.
- Indoor or Outdoor – If you are involved in sports and fun activities or simply you are an outdoor person then make sure you pick a wheelchair that is comfortable indoors and excellent outdoors.
- Transportability – A lightweight wheelchair is always easy to transport and more portable. Pick a wheelchair that can be folded easily and can be conveniently carried in your truck, car, van, or another vehicle.
- Consider Armrest and Footrest Length – You can get complete comfort with your wheelchair only if you have a proper footrest and armrest length. Pick a wheelchair that can be adjusted as per needs.
- Standard or Elevating Foot Rests – For this, you may consult your doctor and confirm which option will be best for you. This way, you will be able to select a perfect model for yourself.
- Maintenance – It is best to buy a wheelchair involving very less maintenance. Flat free maintenance free tires, easy to clean upholstery and strong frame are some aspects that can be considered in this context. Most of the expensive wheelchairs available are easy to clean and are durable, which means, maintenance is easy and they last longer than ordinary wheelchair.
On a Final Note
In addition to the above-mentioned aspects, expensive wheelchairs have more features and functionalities, which may vary from model to model. But last, your wheelchair must be able to meet all your requirements and at the same time offer you complete comfort. Just check the 10 most expensive wheelchairs available in our list as undoubtedly these are the best ones available till date, if money is not a constraint.
So, go ahead and pick your favorite wheelchair model and say yes to great comfort and unaided mobility!
Dr. David Taylor is a medical professional and an avid blogger. He holds an M.D. from Drexel University & a Ph.D. from Indiana University School of Medicine.
Dr. David loves to utilize technology to improve healthcare and he does it daily through BestRatedDocs.com. He founded the company in 2016 with the vision to make the discoverability of the best healthcare facilities & best products simple and easy. His passion for informatics and using technology to empower healthcare professionals and the patients they serve is unmatched. He regularly blogs about technology, health IT, medical products and other healthcare topics at bestrateddocs.com.
Last updated on 2020-05-28 // Source: Amazon Affiliates