Our Top Tens Unit Picks – Recommendations
1)iSTIM EV-805 TENS EMS 4 Channel Rechargeable Combo Machine Unit This is a muscle relaxer that’s easy to operate and works for muscles and joints.
2)PowerDot 2.0 – Smart Electric Muscle Stimulator – Smart TENS Device – With Biphasic symmetrical waveform the PowerDot 2.0 is on our list for the best Tens Unit.
3)AUVON Dual Channel TENS Unit Muscle Stimulator (Family Pack) – If you need a product for daily use, the Auvon Dual Channel Tens Unit is your best choice.
4) NueMedics Tens Unit Machine Pulse Massager – By offering a 30-day money-back guarantee, NueMedics gives you a product that will take your pain away for sure.
5)TENS Unit and EMS Combination Muscle Stimulator – With the handy case, you get a level of professionalism and clinical results with this one.
6)Livia FDA Cleared Period Cramps Relief Device – With instant results, this device is one of the best tens units on our list.
7)[email protected] Professional Rechargeable TENS Unit – [email protected] never disappoints with its 3-in-1 therapy.
8)Massage Therapy Concepts Tens Unit Muscle Stimulator 24 Massage Mode Tens EMS Machine – With a bright, large touch screen, you can use this device anywhere and at any time.
9)iReliev TENS Unit Electronic Pulse Massager – A reliable tens unit with 8 pads and 25 levels of intensity.
10)Core Products Core Pain Remedy Plus Wireless TENS – The wireless EMS Tens Unit for convenience and muscle recovery
Now that you’re familiar with how a ten’s unit works, you need to know which are the best products in the market. Take a look at our recommendations below:
Best Tens Unit For Back Pain
1) iSTIM EV-805 TENS EMS 4 Channel Rechargeable Combo Machine Unit
iSTIM EV-805 TENS EMS 4 Channel Rechargeable Combo Machine Unit - Muscle Stimulator + Back Pain Relief and Management- 24 Programs/Backlit (Including Electrodes Pads)
- TENS: "Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation"- a safe, non-invasive, drug free method of pain relief used by Physical Therapists and professional Doctors...
- EMS: “Electrical Muscle Stimulation” is an internationally accepted and proven way of treating muscular injuries. It works by sending electronic pulses to...
- iSTIM EV-805: Rechargeable Digital TENS EMS combo stimulator comes with 4 channels, 5 TENS modes, 3 EMS modes and 24 preset programs, sending comfortable...
- JAPANESE ELECTRODE PADS: High-grade, and biocompatible SEKISUI Japanese gel, which facilitates efficient conducting of the electrical stimulator’s current to...
- APPROVAL + PRODUCT SET: No prescription needed. Safe, All-Natural, Drug Free and Long-Lasting Pain Relief. 510K approved for OTC use and safety regulations...
Before starting our list of the best Tens units, we must acknowledge that back pain is a common issue today. Furthermore, it ranges from mild to severe pain. Generally, continuous sitting, bad posture, lifting heavy weights, or even aging can make you think twice about your next move. However, pain relief comes easy with the iSTIM EV-805 unit.
Since the device offers a solution to sharp pains and muscle relaxation by merely applying it to a specific part of your body, it is very convenient to use. Another impressive feature that impressed us is that it is a rechargeable TENS EMS combo unit. While the Tens unit delivers stable electrical pulses to the skin, it stimulates the nerve fibers. As a result, it blocks the pain signal to the brain. Simultaneously, it also increases the natural endorphin levels in your body. At the same time, its EMS feature helps muscle treatment and long lasting pain relief. Additionally, you can choose from 4 channels, 5-TENS, and 3-EMS modes. What’s more, it has 24 preset programs for your convenience.
Meanwhile, for similar products on pain relief, we have a list of the best wrist braces you can purchase online.
What we like:
1) The amazing performance
3) 4-channels, 5-TENS modes, and 3-EMS modes for different situations
4) Hard Carry Case
5) 501K approved and full safety certifications
6) High-quality accessories
What we didn’t like:
Bit complicated navigation
Best Portable Tens Unit
2) PowerDot 2.0 – Smart Electric Muscle Stimulator – Smart TENS Device
PowerDot 2.0 - Smart Electric Muscle Stimulator - Smart TENS Device - Duo Red - App Controlled Wireless Electrical Muscle Stimulator - Speed up Recovery, Improve Strength, Relieve Pain
- MUSCLE RECOVERY - Reduce recovery time, increase muscle performance, and relieve pain with the same technology used by doctors and physicians today.
- APP BASED & PORTABLE - The world's first SMART muscle stimulator. The PowerDot app guides you through everything you need to recover like a pro.
- 15+ PRESET PROGRAMS - electric muscle stimulation programs for muscle recovery, performance, and pain relief.
- AT-HOME PAIN RELIEF - PowerDot’s Smart TENS program is a revolutionary new way to relieve pain. Use the TENS programs to target pain, set pain score, and...
- INCLUDES - 2 Pre-Charged Pod, 2 Sets of Electrode Pads, 2 Set of Lead Cables, 2 Micro USB Charging Cable, Carrying Case.
The next one on our list from PowerDot takes care of the strain on your lower back. This strain could result from lifting weights in a gym or sitting long hours on your office chair. Besides, with workouts such as running, you might have cramps in your legs. Hence, for these conditions, it is recommended to carry a portable Tens unit to use anywhere, at any time.
PowerDot 2.0 Tens Unit allows you to have pain relief therapy in the comfort of your home or while on the move. With its multiple functions, the device relieves knee pain, muscle spasms, and even sports injuries. Indeed, we loved its app-based applicability as well as the easy portability. Furthermore, its biphasic symmetrical waveform is far more comfortable and effective compared to other such devices. And finally, not only is it the size of your mobile but also smart enough to design a pain relief program for you.
What We Like:
1) It comes with abundant accesories
2) Easy to Use
3) App-based functionality
4) Efficient, immediate results
5) 15+ preset programs
6) Smart algorithm to create specialized pai-relief plans
7) Comes with a dustproof bag
8) Convenient charging methods
What We Didn’t Like:
Best Tens Unit for Home – Multiple Users
3) AUVON Dual Channel TENS Unit Muscle Stimulator (Family Pack)
Sale AUVON Dual Channel TENS Unit Muscle Stimulator (Family Pack), 20 Modes Rechargeable TENS Machine with Huge Pack of 24 Pcs Reusable TENS Unit Electrode Pads (2"x2" 16pcs, 2"x4" 8pcs)
- Pain Relief Machine. The rechargeable electric muscle massager can stimulate the sensory nerves and muscles, activate specific natural pain gate mechanism,...
- Up to 20 Modes. Pre-set modes offer you hammering, kneading, shiatsu and more choices to help relieve pain associated with aching and fatigue muscles in the...
- Independent Mode Control. You can set separate modes and intensities for channel A and channel B. For example, you could choose Acupuncture mode in channel A...
- 24Pcs Industry-Leading TENS Pads.The included electrode pads can provide excellent self-stick performance and easy clean up after maximum 45 uses for longer...
- What You Receive: 1 x Dual Channel TENS Machine, 16 x 2" Square Electrode Pads, 8 x Large Rectangle 2"x4" Pads, 2 x Lead Wires, 1 x USB cable, 1 x USB Charger,1...
Undoubtedly, having a Tens Unit that multiple people can use at a time is a luxury. Especially for elderly couples and people who work out together, this is a great convenience. Hence, this dual-channel pain relief device from AUVAN appears high on our list of best Tens units. Moreover, it offers 20 modes of intensity and shows powerful results on exhausted muscles. Additionally, you can choose individual channels for different pads, and it works wonders on joint pains. Specifically, for us, its 10 hours of battery time, and the pad-quality are the real winners. Owing to its numerous certifications and versatile use, we highly recommend this impressive device for family use.
Simultaneously, if you are looking for similar products to improve your home medical kit, take a look at this list of the most expensive first aid kits you can use at home.
What we like:
1) Very compact size and weight
2) Dual channels and split usability
3) Comfortable pads
4) Works on muscle and joint pain
5) 20 modes of intensity
6) Convenient USB charging slot
7) Large Blue Screen
What we didn’t like:
Wires connect the device to the pads. You end up with too many cables to keep apart.
Most Powerful Tens Unit
4) NueMedics Tens Unit Machine Pulse Massager 24 Massage Modes Rechargeable Muscle Stimulator Device
Sale Tens Unit Machine Pulse Massager 24 Massage Modes Rechargeable Muscle Stimulator Device with 10 Pads
- USER FRIENDLY - Modes are clearly labelled as "Neck", "Shoulder","Back", "Elbow", "Hip", "Foot/Hands", "Knee", "Joint", "Acu", "Knead", "Tap", "Random" The...
- WHAT IS INCLUDED ? :1x NueMedics Tens 24 Controller, 6 Large Electrodes ( Pads ), 2 Electrodes Cables, User's Manual, Usb and Wall Charger, 1x Pad and Wire...
- WARRANTY: NueMedics Tens 24 Massager backed up with Limited Lifetime Warranty and 30 Days Money Back Guarantee
Undoubtedly, Powerlifting, Sprinting, and other top sports athletes have to keep their muscles ready even after a hard day’s workout. With these conditions in mind, you need a powerful Tens Unit that relaxes your strained muscles.
In particular, NueMedics Pulse Massager is a perfect product for these situations. Additionally, it is useful for people who come out of surgery and need to wake their muscles. Moreover, with clearly marked pre-set programs, this device is quite easy to operate. Above all, its backlighted screen further makes it convenient to use even in the dark. Besides, its six large pads make it a powerful pain relief method post an intense workout. Not only does it work well on joints, but it also comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
For similar medical equipment on a budget, refer to our list of the best first aid kits for home emergencies.
What We Like:
1) The hard case
2) Six Large Pulse Pads
3) Lifetime warranty and 30-day money-back guarantee
4) USB charging
5) 24 pre-programmed modes
What We Didn’t like:
The device comes with only six pads, and all six pads are the same size.
Best Tens EMS Unit for Home Use – Professional Set
5) TENS Unit and EMS Combination Muscle Stimulator
TENS Unit and EMS Combination Muscle Stimulator with 2 Channels, 12 Modes for Pain Management for Back, Neck, Arms, Legs, Abs, and Muscle Rehabilitation -With Belt Clip and Protective Hard Travel Case
- 2 CHANNEL / 4 ELECTRODE PADS - each channel's intensity can be controlled separately
- EASY TO USE - BEST for PAIN RELIEF, Relaxation, Reflexology and Acupressure
- 12 PROGRAMS with 20 Intensity Settings. 14 Electrode pads Included, Large LCD display, Belt Clip
- 60 MINUTES ADJUSTABLE TIMER - Select the length of your treatment for BEST RESULTS - automatic shutoff
- PORTABLE WITH PROFESSIONAL QUALITY GRADE CONSTRUCTION - use it at HOME, OFFICE or when TRAVELING. The device should be USED ONLY with the LEADS and ELECTRODES...
When you have a professional Tens Unit set, it projects a positive image for your clients. Thus, we present this Delux Tens and EMS device from Message Therapy Concepts, with all accessories and immense functionalities.
Firstly, it comes with 2-channels and 4-electrode pads. Specifically, its ability to control the intensity of each channel separately quite fascinated us. Moreover, its versatility in pain management of conditions like arthritis, neck pain, lower back, etc., is unparalleled. Another feature that impressed us is the auto-shutoff mode. Also, you can time it to 10-60 minute sessions. Specifically, this is useful for professionals because it frees you up to attend to other needs simultaneously. And finally, this compact and lightweight combo massager is the perfect instrument to have.
Similar products for pain relief such as the best back braces available online can be found on this website.
What We Like:
1) Ease of use
2) Works well on targetted muscle
3) Compact and portable
4) Dual Channels
5) Its is a Tens and EMS combo with 12 modes and 20 intensity levles
6) Timer setup feature
7) Comes with various sizes of electrode pads.
What We Didn’t Like:
Not very clear instructions and customer support
Best Tens Ems Unit For Period Pain
6) Livia FDA Cleared Period Cramps Relief Device – Drug-Free Solution for Menstrual Cycle Pain
Livia FDA Cleared Period Cramps Relief Device - Drug-Free Solution for Menstrual Cycle Pain - Electric Abdominal Treatment - Get Rid of Menses Aches - Compact Ally for Menstruation Cramps - Lavender
- ✅ THE ORIGINAL LIVIA MENSTRUAL CRAMP RELIEF - Works (fast) to stop acute menstrual pain and menstrual cramps during menstrual flow. Relieves cramps, bloating,...
- ✅ SAFE AND PROVEN - Unlike most PMS relief supplements & Pills for women, MyLivia is the new NATURAL period painkiller - You get fast, effective results...
- ✅ FULL KIT - The Livia kit includes everything you need to stop period pains right in their tracks. In the Livia kit, you’ll find: Livia Device, Livia...
- ✅ IMMEDIATE EFFECT - SMART TREATMENT - Using two electrodes that transmit electric pulses to your lower abdominal area, Livia blocks the cramps. It’s simple...
- ✅ USING LIVIA IS SO EASY - Clip it on, Turm it on, Feel the relief and Get Going. No complications, No confusions, and no difficulties! You can take your...
Period pains can make you stop all activities and ruin your mood. But the Livia Tens Unit works by sending small shocks to your muscles and helps them relax. Moreover, 80% of the users of this device have experienced complete or significant elimination of pain. Furthermore, you need to simply clip it to your dress and let it do the work. Meanwhile, you can go about your business and forget about your pain. And all this, without any pills and side-effects! Besides, it automatically adjusts to the volume of your cramps. Hence, you don’t have to worry about increasing or decreasing its intensity. So, go for this product and forget about the painful period!
We have listed similar premium products such as the best pulse oximeters for you to improve your home medical equipment.
What We Like:
1) Easy to use
2) Modern Design
3) 60-day money back guarantee
4) It comes with 3-month supply of gel pads
5) Auto-adjusts to cramp volume
6) Compact and ults-thin
What We Didn’t Like:
Can’t use while charging.
Best Medical Grade Tens Unit
7) [email protected] Professional Rechargeable TENS Unit + Heat Therapy + EMS
Not every household knows the importance of a Tens Unit. As a medical professional, you must have a high-quality Tens Unit that works instantly on your patients. For this reason, we have included the [email protected] professional TENS unit on our list of the best Tens units.
Firstly, this is a combination of Tens unit and EMS device. Furthermore, it is a 501K and OTC cleared pain management device. Hence, our experts have put complete faith in this product. Most significantly, it comes with 8-preprogrammed options and 20-power intensity levels. We specifically liked its 3-in-1 functionality, namely, TENS, EMS, and heat therapy. Also, the large backlit screen makes it convenient to use even in the dark. And finally, the 10-60 minutes customizable timer is a sure winner!
For similar high-quality device, refer to our article on the most expensive hearing aids money can buy.
What We Like
1) The Convenient USB cable and charger
2) 3-in-1 functionality
3) Large Blue Screen
4) 8 massage modes
5) User-friendly interface
What We Didn’t Like:
The device has only 2 Pads of the same size.
Best Over The Counter Tens Unit
8) Massage Therapy Concepts Tens Unit Muscle Stimulator 24 Massage Mode Tens EMS Machine
Tens Unit Muscle Stimulator 24 Massage Mode Tens EMS Machine Device Touchscreen Massager Intensity Deep Tissue Shoulder Pain Relief Sciatica Tendonitis Plantar Fasciitis
- WHAT IS TECHCARE MASSAGER : It is a combination of TENS and PMS device, drug free method of pain relief used by Physical Therapists and prescribed Doctors for...
- FEATURES : Multiple preprogramed massage modes with Touch Screen. Tapping, Acupuncture, Deep Tissue, Foot, Cupping, Combo. Adjustable 20 to 60 minutes timer by...
- WHAT IS INCLUDED ? : 1x 2020 Newest Model Touch Screen Controller, 8 Large Electrodes ( Pads ), 2 Electrodes Cables, User's Manual, Usb and Wall Charger, 1...
- PAIN RELIEF: Techcare Massager contracts and releases the muscles. Chiropractors has been using these products.
- WARRANTY: Techcare Massager backed up with Limited Lifetime Warranty and 30 Days Money Back Guarantee
For everyday use, you need a Tens Unit that is available over the counter without a prescription. Furthermore, the Unit has to give you instant relief like a professional device. Precisely, this what The TechCare Massager does for you. Hence, we have included it in our list of the best Tens units.
First and foremost, this TouchScreen Tens Unit is reliable and easy to use. Not only does this device block the pain signals to your brain, but it also increases the natural endorphins production. Now, since endorphins are natural pain relievers, this therapy has no side effects. Moreover, the Touchscreen looks precisely like your smartphone and has a large display screen. It works on a lithium Ion Battery and has clinical-grade results. Also, it comes with 24 massage modes and has a limited lifetime warranty. Lastly, this device is backed by a trusted brand with over 40-years of experience.
For similar products that improve your health and healing, checkout at Bestratedddocs for best nebulizers available online.
What We Like:
1) The Large Touch Screen
2) Clinical Grade Results
3) Adjustable timer of 20-60 minutes
4) 24 modes
5) 8-large electrode pads
6) Lock And Unlock Feature
7) 30-day moneyback guarantee
What We Didn’t like:
Pads are ultra sticky. Could cause skin rash for sensitive skin.
Best Tens Unit For Pregnant Women
9) iReliev TENS Unit Electronic Pulse Massager
iReliev TENS Unit Electronic Pulse Massager & (8) Electrodes Pain Relief Bundle-100% Satisfaction or 14 Day $$ Back Guarantee. 2 Year Warranty.
- What is TENS? Stands for "Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation"- a safe, non-invasive, drug free method of pain relief used by physical therapists and...
- Feature & Program Modes: Dual channel functionality, which means you can use with 2 electrode pads per channel for Smaller Body Parts or 4 For Large Body Parts...
- Why iReliev is better: iReliev is Portable, Affordable & Effective. With 8 pre-set modes, iReliev is easier to use and quick navigate to the feature you want....
- Special Features: Auto-lock your settings on the go to avoid accidental change, 3 included non-rechargeable AAA batteries while give you up to 30 hours, The...
- What the System Includes: iReliev Dual Channel TENS Device, 3-AAA non-rechargeable batteries to get maximum output power (80mA), 2-lead wires (1 lead wire per...
Pregnancy leads to swelling in the feet, hands, neck, and back pain. However, these conditions get worse with time. In some cases, the pain becomes unbearable. In general, a Tens Unit helps the nerves in your muscles send signals that eliminate the feeling of pain. Further, this allows your body to recover.
Specifically, for pregnant women, the iReliev keeps the pain at bay until necessary. When a company offers you a 14-day money-back guarantee, it talks a lot about quality. Also, it has many impressive features like auto-lock and 8-preprogrammed modes. Moreover, this massager reduces cramps for pregnant women and comes with a dual output. We highly recommend this product for pregnant women.
We have listed similar products that are making waves in the market. Hence, checkout our list of the best lightweight wheelchairs available online.
What We Like:
1) Great design and interface
2) Dual Output
3) Auto-lock setting
4) Great on large muscles of the body
5) 30-hours battery life
6) Works on AAA batteries
What We Didn’t Like:
The screen does not light up. You cannot use the device in the dark.
Best Wireless Tens Unit
10) Core Products Core Pain Remedy Plus Wireless TENS
The world is going wireless, and you should be too. Hence, we present the Core Products on our list of the best Tens units.
Firstly, this is a durable wireless EMS Tens Unit that eliminates body pain with its five electrodes. Thus, you no longer have to worry about tangled wires. Additionally, the device works wonders on your muscles. We specifically its compactness and convenience of use. Also, it comes with a wall charger and a USB cable for charging. Therefore, this simple yet powerful device is worth every penny.
If you are looking for similar medical equipment, refer to our list of the best forehead thermometers available online.
What We Like:
1) USB Charging
2) Easy to Use
3) Wireless Product
What We Don’t like:
The device comes with just five electrodes.
Reasons Why You Need a Tens Unit
For any of the following ailments, we recommend using a Tens Unit without fail. However, it is best to consult your doctor on which device would be the best and make use of it today.
For Muscle Problems:
- As a result of Long Hours of work
- Due to Carpel tunnel syndrome
- Because of Muscle spasms
For Joint and Bone Related Problems:
- Resulting from Tennis Elbow
- Casued by Arthritis
- Due to Sciatica
- As a result of Plantar Fasciitis
- Becasue of Tendonitis
Specific to Women:
- Due to Labour muscle cramps
- Resulting from Menstrual Cramps
- As a result of poor Blood Circulation
- Pain caused by Migraines and recurring headaches
The Difference between EMS and Tens Units
EMS stands for Electrical muscle stimulation. In particular, this device stimulates your muscles to prevent soreness and atrophy. Generally, after surgery, your muscles are out of use for a long time. As a result, they become weak and require a boost. Since the EMS sends electric pulses to the nerves and muscles, it wakes up the sleeping muscles. Eventually, it promotes muscle strength and replicates muscle pain that works through the nervous system.
On the contrary, A Tens Unit reduces pain by preventing the nerves from sending signals to the brain. As a result, The Tens Unit calms you down. Additionally, it relaxes your muscles and allows them to recover without the pain factor. In effect, the tens unit does not wake the muscles but instead puts them to sleep while it regenerates.
The Buyers Guide to get the Best Tens Unit for your requirement
Since Tens Units come in different shapes and sizes, you should have complete information on what to look for in your product. Though they have the same function, certain features outside the purpose could be vital to your purchase.
Firstly, look out for large screens that have backlights. This is because you can use these products even in the dark. Moreover, they are instrumental when you can see how much intensity to apply. Specifically, this feature is very crucial for elders. You can also try a touch screen device as they are handy, just like your mobile phone.
Secondly, having a convenient smaller-sized device helps you carry it along everywhere. But smaller devices lack many other features and mostly come with a single output. Choose a device that you can carry along and one which does not become bulky when in a case.
Next, the type of battery and battery life is essential when picking the best Tens Unit. Some products can be USB charged, while others require AA or AAA batteries. Choose a device that is more convenient to your lifestyle and has a decent amount of battery life.
4. Number of Electrodes
And finally, some devices have up to ten electrodes. Further, these pads come in different shapes and sizes and offer different output levels. Make sure you have the choice instead of getting a minimal number of electrodes. Additionally, each electrode can work at different intensities even while working simultaneously. Hence, try picking a device that provides this feature.
Not only does the price of the product define its satisfaction level, but also the value of money it provides. Additionally, if you purchase an expensive device, look for extra features that make it more convenient to use.
Occasionally, companies offer a warranty or a return policy. Undoubtedly, it means they are earnest about the performance of their products. Hence, those are the devices you should consider first. In case there are any defects on arrival, you have the option to get a new product or change it if the effect is not satisfactory.
3. Intensity Levels
And lastly, if a product has a high-intensity level of 30, that does not mean it is more than another brand’s intensity. In reality, different products have different intensity levels of readings. Consequently, there is no standard level of measuring intensity levels.
Firstly, look for ways to increase convenience. Since wireless products are effortless to use with no tangles involved, they are most convenient. Though they offer the same intensity level and ease of use, they are much more expensive than ordinary Tens Units.
2. Automatic Shutdown
Furthermore, for people who get carried away with their work, an automatic shutdown is a godsend. Specifically, a time setting on your EMS is a great way to make sure you can focus on your work. As a result of this, you don’t have to keep directing your attention to the device.
3. USB Charging
And lastly, batteries are great. However, with a USB charger, you don’t have to spend on batteries. Moreover, you can charge your device anywhere, just like your mobile. What’s more, devices are compatible with power banks as well.
FAQs on tens units
Q: Can I use the Tens Unit on my face?
A: Surely, no. Though the device is for muscle relaxation, its not meant for your face. However, you can use it on the back, arms, legs, neck, shoulders, feet, and joints. Also, do not use the device on your face or head because it could lead to severe injury.
Q: Can a Tens Unit help build muscle?
A: A Tens Unit is specifically meant to stimulate and relax muscles. At the same time, it is not for toning and muscle building. It does help in recovery, but as a cure for muscle pain rather than a workout.
Q: Can I use a Tens Unit During Pregnancy?
A: Though you can use one, there are specific devices that are made for pregnant women. Check out our recommended list where we describe in detail our best choice for pregnant women and how to reduce the pain from muscle cramps.
Q: Are Tens Units Safe?
A: Indeed, Tens Units are safe. Nevertheless, use them as prescribed to avoid any problems. Not to mention, just like every other device, overuse of this too will have its consequencies. Similarly, underuse will not have the full effect of the device on the muscle. However, contact your doctor or medical expert for more information on which product and intensity suit your body better.
Using A Tens Unit
- Firstly, do not use the Tens Unit while sleeping.
- Secondly, keep moving the pads around to stimulate more muscles of your body.
- Equally important, do not use the product on oily or dirty skin. Wash the area you want to target before applying the pad.
- Moreover, if you are doing something that will direct your attention, don’t forget the timer.
- Furthermore, avoid using the device on your face, head, and other sensitive areas. Since, the electric shocks could cause permanent damage, its best kept for non-sensitive areas.
- Lastly, contact your doctor immediately if there is continuous pain even after using the product.
Since you are dealing with a medical device, make sure you use it exactly as specified or prescribed. Besides, follow all the instructions provided to avoid any injury. Additionally, these are a few guidelines to help you use the Tens Unit.
- Firstly, Stick the electrodes on the affected muscles or joints.
- Secondly, start the tens unit and rise from the lowest intensity to the desired amount.
- Henceforth, make sure the rise is gradual.
- Also, do not place the pads on your temples, head, throat, or mouth.
- Additionally, never place the pads on your heart or swollen areas. In effect, this could result in a severe injury.
- Equally important, try not to keep touching the gel on the adhesive side of the pad. Doing so reduces the lifespan of the product.
- Thirdly, use a few drops of water on the adhesive side before attaching the pads to your skin.
- Also remember, charge your battery after every use for the recommended time.
- Lastly, once you complete your session, cover up the adhesive sides with the pad holder and place the device with the wires in the box.
Besides, for more information here’s an article by the University of Iowa on Tens Units.
When you purchase a Tens Unit, first make sure it has the necessary functions you require. Secondly, choose a tens unit that has a warranty and a return policy to avoid getting into trouble. Also, different brands have a range of products and some are more expensive with lesser functions. Thirds, don’t overspend for the right product but the at the same time do not hold back for better medical health. And lastly, if you are unsure about any function of the device or experience pain even after using the device, contact your doctor immediately.