Best Nebulizers – The Complete List (updated 2018)
Respiratory ailments like asthma, cystic fibrosis, or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease when gets worsen causes difficulty in breathing and aggravates severe symptoms. Along with medicines, the use of a nebulizer is suggested to offer effective and immediate relief to the patients suffering from such ailments.
Nebulizers enable users to aerosolize liquid asthma medications and inhale it directly into their lungs as a mist. As compared to dry-powdered inhalers (DPI) and metered dose inhaler (MDI), nebulizers are excellent devices, which are used to deliver asthma medication. The market offers varieties of nebulizers to the users such as mesh, jet, ultrasonic nebulizers, at-home, and travel-friendly portable nebulizers.
If you are looking for the best portable nebulizer, one that delivers effective treatment therapy and is also appropriate for you, then our post would be really helpful. Here we share with you the 10 best portable nebulizers that surpass others in terms of performance, technology, usability, portability, and pricing.
- 1 What are the Best Nebulizer Brands?
- 2 Different Types of Nebulizers
- 3 Best Portable Nebulizers
- 4 Best Nebulizers for COPD
- 5 Best Nebulizers for Asthma Patients
- 6 Best Home Nebulizers
- 7 Best Pediatric Nebulizer for kids
- 8 Benefits of Using Nebulizers
- 9 Buyer’s Guide – Picking the Best Nebulizer
- 10 Nebulizers – Cleaning and Care
- 11 Final Words
What are the Best Nebulizer Brands?
Nebulizer is suggested for people who have difficulty in breathing or does not find an inhaler effective enough to cure an ailment. Using a nebulizer makes it possible to control the problem and ensure timely breathing.
Here you can check some of the best nebulizer brands in US:
And if you are confused of selecting the best one, then we would highly suggest to go through the list of best nebulizers mentioned in our post. These nebulizers are proven for using low angle light scattering to disclose particle size distribution and offer high-quality services. Below mentioned is the best nebulizer for you!
Different Types of Nebulizers
Before you buy a nebulizer for yourself, it is important to know about the various types of nebulizers available in the market. So, here know about the different types of nebulizers based on the technology they use.
- Jet Nebulizers
Such nebulizers deliver a fine liquid mist of medicine using compressed air through a mouthpiece. Such nebulizers come with a small plastic cup attached to a mouthpiece where the liquid medicine is added.
The mouthpiece is further connected to the compressed air source through plastic tubing. When the motor starts, the air passes through a small plastic cup with liquid medication. This medication converts into a fine mist, which is then supplied into the lungs.
These are easy to use and inexpensive nebulizers. But they are not the most portable one and are much noisier than other types of nebulizers.
- Ultrasonic Nebulizers
Another type of nebulizer is ultrasonic nebulizers that use a transducer to release ultrasonic waves. Usually, such nebulizers alleviate asthma symptoms and chronic illness. They need little patient coordination but deliver breathing treatments much faster than jet nebulizers and do not need mixing saline for asthma medication.
Ultrasonic nebulizers do not need a compressor and are much more compact and portable. Also, they are battery operated units delivering quieter performance.
- Mesh Nebulizers
With a built-in small mesh membrane, mesh nebulizers release liquid medication through tiny holes in the mesh. These are the fastest and most expensive nebulizers. Mesh nebulizers are available with battery operated as well as electricity operated models and are extremely convenient to use.
Since such nebulizers consist vibrating mesh, hence they need to be cleaned on a frequent basis in order to avoid clogging of the small openings used to create mist.
Best Portable Nebulizers
Whether you are suffering from a chronic health condition like asthma or recently met with a respiratory problem, carrying a nebulizer becomes the need of the time. A portable nebulizer in this situation is the best thing. The portable nebulizer will convert liquid medicine into vapors and ensure that the breathing is deep within the lungs.
Here we list the best portable nebulizers, which will serve their purpose even when you are miles away from your home!
1. Uniclife Rechargeable Mini Inhaler / USB Travel Pocket Handheld Ultrasonic Inhalers
- Maintenance: Please use hot water above 185℉ to operate 5 mins to clean the mesh before and after each use to avoid clogging.
- Pocket size, compact and lightweight, easy to carry, virtually no noise.
- 2 working modes: automatically 5 and 10 mins timing; Droplet size: 2 ~ 5 micron
- Built-in larger rechargeable battery, 800 mAh, low power consumption and efficient, lasts 60 minutes once full charged.
- Suitable for home inhalation therapy, lower airways respiratory conditions, efficiently alleviates symptoms like asthma. Mouthpiece, mask and an android USB charge cable in each pack.
It is easy to carry this nebulizer because of its small, compact, and lightweight size. Virtually, it offers noise-free operation. Most importantly, the nebulizer hosts 2 working modes – automatically 5 and 10 minutes timing. Hence, you no more have to worry about the functionality while using the nebulizer. The built-in bigger rechargeable battery of 800mAH offers low power consumption and efficient performance.
It is ideal for travel and at-home inhalation therapy. It comes with a mask, mouthpiece, and a USB charge cable and easily alleviates symptoms due to chronic illness or asthma.
- Perfect for travel and at-home inhalation
- Built-in bigger batteries for lasting performance
- Low power consumption
- Advanced ultrasonic technology
- Excellent performance
- Easy to carry
- Uses hot water and might not be safe for children
2. Aerosoon NebSmart Handheld Portable Inhaler Household Humidifier
- Mesh Technology, creat fine mist for better absorption small particles, MMAD<5um
- Ideal for Home Use, continuous working at various angles, suitable for child, adult and elder
- Lightweight and Portable, handy design, weight only 85g can use anywhere and anytime
- Low Medication Residue, minimize medication waste (<0.1 ml), more efficient in drug delivery
- Silent Operation, virtually noiseless operation, noise level as low as 30 dB
It is engineered with mesh technology that creates fine mist for direct inhalation of small particles to lungs. You can carry it along or use it at home and continue working at distinct angles, thereby making it suitable for elder and adult. With a weight of 85g, it is a lightweight and handy design that allows it to use anywhere anytime.
It is a low-noise operation product that leaves low medication residue and minimizes waste reduction to less than 0.1ml. It delivers highly efficient performance and ensures that effective inhalation is availed during every use. With rechargeable batteries and no electricity charging, this nebulizer can also save you lots on your utility bills.
- Portable and lightweight
- Handy design
- Mesh Technology
- Ideal for travel and home use
- Suitable for adults, elder, and child
- Noiseless operation
- Minimize medication residue
- Efficient drug delivery
- Slight leakage may occur
- Ideal for short trips
3. MABIS Personal Steam Inhaler Steam Vaporizer for Sinus Relief – Aromatherapy Diffuser
- YOUR PERSONAL STEAM INHALER NATURALLY AND EFFECTIVELY HELPS RELIEVE respiratory symptoms of the common cold, sore throat, cough, flu, laryngitis , bronchitis, sinusitis, asthma, and allergies
- ADJUSTABLE FILTER FREE STEAM CONTROL WITH AROMATHERAPY TANK makes it easy for you to control the amount of steam your steam vaporizer produces while enhacing your experience with pleasant scents of your choice
- YOUR STEAM VAPORIZER IS A GREAT NATURAL EXPECTORANT, which increases the amount of and clears secretions, lubricating your respiratory tract. The inhalation of steam significantly benefits your lungs and throat
- INCLUDES EVERYTHING YOU WILL NEED AND OPERATES QUIETLY: A soft, flexible mask, extension tube, drain tank and aromatherapy tank, indicator light, measuring cup and 5 foot power cord. Plus, your steam vaporizer will operate quietly without distracting or unpleasant noise
- WARRANTY AND GUARANTEE: Amazon Exclusive Limited warranty may apply. Please see product for additional details. Note: we can only guarantee the quality of this product when sold through Amazon.com or Brazos Walking Sticks
With an adjustable filter free steam control mechanism, using this nebulizer is extremely easy and offers you complete control over the amount of steam the vaporizer produces. This enhances the overall experience of nebulizing.
It is an excellent natural expectorant, which increases the levels of clear secretions. It comes with all the needed accessories and delivers noise-free operation. So, if you are looking for a handy, noise-free, effective, and high-performing solution then this nebulizer is an ideal choice for the users.
- Affordable product
- Ideal for chronic illness and sinus
- Works like a natural expectorant
- Effective therapy
- High performance
- Noise-free functionality
- Adjustable filter with steam control
- Aromatherapy Tank
- Accessories like a mask, drain tank, extension cord
- Plastic body is not much durable
- Uses electricity to release steam vapors
Best Nebulizers for COPD
COPD or Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease is a condition where patients may experience difficulty in breathing. Inhaled medication along with other treatments is the best ways to get instant relief during this condition. Nebulizers can be used to supply the medicine directly to your lungs. Nebulizers can change the liquid medicine into a mist that you can inhale into your lungs.
Here check the best nebulizers for COPD!
1.Cool Mist Vaporizer Piston Compressor System, Steam Inhaler, Reusable Mask Accessories Kit with Kids and Adult Mask
This nebulizer is perfect for people of all ages. It assures to deliver the most efficient therapy and better quality of life. It comes in a portable, sleek design and holds a modern design with superior quality and looks. It delivers low noise while operating and hence delivers a relaxing experience.
It is a FAD approved and registered product and hence you do not have to worry about the product quality. Each part of this product is undergone rigorous quality check and ensures efficacy and safety when in use. You can use this at home or carry it along with you in case of emergencies.
- FDA approved product for high-quality
- Product ensures efficacy and safety for the users
- Portable and compact
- Ideal for people of all ages
- Low noise operation
- Sleek design
- Delivers particle size of 5-6 um
- May not deliver long-lasting relief
2.Clear Lung Cleanse Natural Extract Steam to Help Relieve the Symptoms COPD and All Lung issues
No products found.Another nebulizer for COPD in our list is an excellent, high-quality product. It is an effective product the delivers cool misters and nano-sized droplets directly to the deepest areas of your lungs for Ultra-fast onset. It delivers nano-mist that penetrates deeply into the lungs resulting in effective and fast relief. It contains only natural, pure and tested ingredients that are all essential oils.
The product is formulated and manufactured in the USA. It uses stainless steel hardware and pyrex glass components. It cools and soothes the nasal passages and throat for better airflow. The mist penetrates deep into the lungs, opening airways. It contains an expectorant to conveniently break down and clear mucus.
In addition to COPD it can be used to cure other lung problems like Bronchitis, Allergy, Chronic Cough, Penumonia, Emphysema, and more. This nebulizer cum mist will also help smokers and people suffering from effects of air pollution. It can also relieve the symptoms of flu or cold.
- Perfect to relieve COPD as well as other lung problems
- Nano-sized droplets that can enter into deepest lungs areas
- Product formulated and manufactured with high-quality components
- It cools and soothes nasal passages and throat
- Releases mist that penetrates deep into the lungs
- Also useful for smokers
- Can alleviate symptoms of cold or flu
- Can be inhaled nasally and orally
- Works fast
- Portable and battery charging
- Might not be the smallest option
3. FIGERM S600 Steam Compressor Includes Kits for Home Use
- Input: 120V/60Hz
- Current: 0.8A
- Easy Carry Handle
- Latex Free
- One Year Warranty - 100% money back guarantee!
The nebulizer is easy to assemble and the medicine can be pour to relax and do the treatment. It can be easily set up and used to transfer the medicine directly into your lungs. It is a small-sized product that appears to be sturdier. It does not generate terrible plastic smell and even offers noise-free operation while working.
It weighs 2kg and has a good cup capacity, which will make sure that your medicine is transferred into the lungs with ease. It is perfect for home use and since it is small in size so you can store it conveniently when not in use.
- Easy carry handle
- Excellent product quality
- One-button operation
- Super easy to clean
- Convenient Nebulization
- In-built storage space for accessories
- Excellent performing motor
- Hand-free utilization
- Perfect for all ages
- Not the smallest option
Best Nebulizers for Asthma Patients
If you are searching out for the best portable nebulizer for asthma treatment, then here are we list them all. Nebulizers allow you to aerosolize liquid asthma medication and inhale the medicine directly into your lungs as mist. You can use nebulizers to deliver inhaled asthma medication. These nebulizers are effective in delivering asthma medications to the kids, small infants, and people of all ages.
Here check the best nebulizers for asthma treatment!
1. Portable Compressor System Personal Cool Mist Inhaler Kit for Adults and Children
- Low noise : Less than 60 dB, give you a quiet environment
- Small size : 7.28" x 6.65" x 4.21". Built-in handle make the light-weight item to carry
- Easy to use and carry : One-button operation. it's more convenient for you to carry it
- Included : 1 sets of accessories kit. 1 Air tube, 1 Adult / Child Mask, 1 Mouthpiece. This mist inhaler is suitable for adults and children
- 100% guaranteed satisfaction : If you have any question, please contact us, we will try our best to help you to solve your problem
The nebulizer delivers noise-free operation, hence, offering you a relaxing nebulizing experience. Besides being ideal for all ages, this nebulizer comes with a one-button operation, which makes it more convenient for you to use it. Now, this one is a complete kit that includes a set of accessories, like air tube, child / adult mask, medicine chamber, filter, and mouthpiece.
Not just using but even carrying this nebulizer kit is pretty easy. Also, it is one of the most affordable solutions available. It is easy to clean and delivers high performance while in use.
- Portable nebulizer kit
- Low-noise operation
- Easy to carry and use
- Included sets of accessories
- Easy to clean filter
- Convenient to carry
- Ideal for adults and children
- Require charging while in use
2. Feellife Air Pro
- Replaceable cup, detachable head for easy cleaning
- Mesh technology. Fine particle 1-5um, direct inhalation to the lungs
- The lightest and quietest, Handy design, compact, portable and light weight, Allows operation in all directions
- Lithium batteries recharge via USB, Low Power consumption，silent operation, one-button operation system, Tubeless and cordless operation
- Delivers undiluted medications to shorten treatment time, Delivers medication to the last drop to maximize benefit of treatment, Convenient for inhalation anywhere , anytime
One wonderful feature of this nebulizer is that its charge lasts for several days of treatments, making it perfect for traveling or camping without accessible power. Another excellent feature that you would love is its weight, which is only 70 grams. Sure it’s great! Furthermore, the nebulizer comes with a replaceable cup and detachable head offering easy cleaning.
A unique aspect of the Feellife air pro nebulizer is its mesh technology that dilutes the particle to 1-5mm, offering direct inhalation to the lungs. It is a compact and handy design, which is also one of the lightest. The lithium batteries recharge will help you save on utility bill. Moreover, the nebulizer comes with one-button, cordless, tubeless, and silent operation.
- Easy to clean
- One of the lightweight nebulizers
- Charge lasts for days
- Handy and portable design
- Multi-operation functionality
- Delivers undiluted medication
- Convenient for inhalation anywhere
- Amazing Mesh Technology
- You may experience a little leakage
3. Portable and Handheld Mesh Inhaler for Kids and Adult, Micro USB Rechargeable Mesh Inhaler
- Uniform and small particle, size of atomized particle <5um,effective and comfortable treatment.
- Detachable head for easy cleaning,can take off the cup by pressing the release cup.
- Only 10cm in height, and 97g in weight,very convenient to carry,ideal for home,travel,use
- Auto-timer function,after working 15 minutes, the device will automatically off.
- Mist can adjustable,large mist and small mist available. Built-in rechargeable battery,
Let’s discuss the various exclusivities of this nebulizer. First, it comes with 2 working modes – a small mist and large mist, which you can use depending on your need. Secondly, it is inbuilt with a 1400m rechargeable battery that continuously works for 3 hours after full charge. In addition to this, the nebulizer comes with automatic shutdown procedures, which implies that it will turn off automatically after 15 minutes of continuous working. If in case, you wish to use it further, you can switch on the button.
Using this nebulizer is very easy as it offers light indication when charging and working. Hence, you can always distinguish the working mode of the nebulizer by just looking at the light.
- Handheld mesh inhaler ideal for all ages
- Micro USB Rechargeable Batteries
- Don’t need electricity to charge
- Perfectly fit into your pocket
- 2 modes of functionality for easy and effective breathing
- Automatic shutdown procedures
- Light indication while working and charging
- Inhalation not highly effective
Best Home Nebulizers
Nebulization is one of the finest treatments offered to patients suffering from different types of breathing problems, like asthma, cystic fibrosis, emphysema, COPD, and more. In such cases, nebulizers can help patients to inhale medicine deep within and let them feel relaxed from breathing issues. Since, most of the care is offered to the patients at home, so here we share the best nebulizers perfect for home use!
1. Aidisy Strong Health Steam Compressor Cool Mist Inhaler Kits for Home Use
- Liquid Capacity: 6ml Sound Level: < 65 dBA
- Weight：3.3 pounds
- Reliable Quality: FDA & ETL Certified. 60days money back, 2 year manufaturer's warranty.
- A must facility for people who suffer from asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases.If the machine that you have ordered was broken,please email us,return it back and we will resend you a new one for free.
You would be amazed to know that the nebulizer comes with five filters, which are rarely available in a nebulizer of this size. The cutaway tube management is another unique feature of this nebulizer that lets you have a relaxing and hassle-free nebulizing experience.
If you are suffering from asthma or any chronic obstructive pulmonary ailment, then this one is going to deliver you a convenient facility. It is an ETL and FDA certified product that weighs just 3.3 pounds. With a size of 6.1” x 6” x 3”, it holds a holding capacity of 6ml.
- Compact and small size
- ETL and FDA certified the product
- Perfect for asthma and chronic illness sufferers
- Incorporated with five filters
- Cutaway for tube management
- One-button operation
- Minimal connections required
- Ideal for home use
- Not a travel-friendly product
2.Denshine Portable Oxygen Machine, Atomization Oxygen Generator Air Purifier Intelligent Home Oxygen Concentrator Genertor with Nebulizer 2L Oxygen Machine for Home, Car, Travel
This is an excellent oxygen machine that can be used for skin care, boosting immune system, reduces chronic fatigue syndrome, and alleviates symptoms of hangover, migraines, and headaches. The machine speeds up the recovery process of the body and helps to relax.
It is a portable oxygen generator unit with nebulizer that sizes 15 x 15 x 11 inches only. Being small in volume, it is easy to carry. Because of its small size, the product can be used in beauty salons, homes, offices, and travel. The intelligent control functionality makes it easy to use. You can even operate it using a remote. Just open the box and put in the medicine and connect the power cord and hit the press button.
You can adjust the flow from 1L to 5L and experience excellent results with the filtering performance of this machine. It delivers safe and silent operation and is perfect to use throughout the night to get a good night sleep.
- An oxygen generator cum nebulizer
- Single product meant for dual use
- Useful in home, office, and travel
- Compact size makes it portable
- Intelligent control functionality
- Single button operation
- Adjustable flow from 1L to 5L
- Ideal for use entire night
- Safe and silent operation
- Perfect to cure chronic fatigue
- Can even be used for skin care and boosting immunity
- Useful to alleviate migraines, headaches, and hangover
- It is mainly an oxygen generator, which can be used as a nebulizer
3. Portable Mini Nebulizer Machine Handheld Steam Compressor Humidifer Vaporizer Cool Mist Inhaler for Adults and Kids
- Handheld Design: Pocket size nebulizer, lightweight and compact. Very convenient to carry and use at home, office, on travel or business trip. It is a good helper to nourish your life.
- Multiple Use: This mini humidifier to supplement skin moisture, beauty skin care, aromatherapy atomizing air, and also to disinfect car air and perform ordinary atomization therapy.
- Easy to Use: Simple one button operation and easy to use this mist inhaler. No need to wait, hold down the blue button and instantly enjoy a refreshing spray. Two modes of operation - 5 minutes and 10 minutes of treatment, are automatically closed at the end of treatment.
- Efficient Nebulization: Particle Size: 1-5um. Very effective atomization. Drug atomization and normal saline atomization particles are less <5 μm. Two power supply. 2 x AA (Not Included) battery operated, or USB cord (included) supported. Very easy to get it and efficient.
- Fit All Ages: Ideal home inhalation therapy product, suitable for all ages. Kids and adults, men and women, all are suitable for use.Comes with two masks, one for adults,one for kids,very practical.
This mini humidifier offers multiple uses to supplement beauty skin care, skin moisture, aromatherapy atomizing air and also to disinfectant car air and conduct ordinary atomization therapy. Another great thing about this nebulizer is that it is very easy to use. It comes with single button operation and hence is very convenient to use. You don’t have to wait as you can simply press the blue button and instantly enjoy a refreshing spray.
It comes with two modes supply, each of 5 minutes and 10 minutes respectively. It is an energy efficient product that can be operated through power, battery, or USB cord. With wide number of applications, it is perfect for home use and travel, as well as kids and people of all ages.
- Handheld design of pocket size
- Compact and lightweight
- Perfect for home use as well as travel
- Multiple uses of aromatherapy atomizing air, skin care, and disinfectant
- Single button operation
- Instant start
- Dual modes of operation – 5 minutes and 10 minutes
- Energy efficient product
- Wide application
- Suitable for people of all ages
- Not suitable to cure severe ailments like asthma or copd
Best Pediatric Nebulizer for kids
The increased pollution level in metropolitan cities triggers infections, allergies, asthma attacks, nose blockages, and other breathing issues among kids. An effective way to cure such problems is use nebulizers that help kids to breathe freely from nasal cavity in just a few minutes. Nebulizers convert medicines into small droplets and perform hassle-free functionality for kids without causing any side effects.
If you haven’t got much time, here check the best pediatric nebulizers for your kids!
1. Yoofor Portable Steam Compressor Cool Mist Inhaler Kits for Kids and Adults
- Small Particle ,Better Treatment : The average particles size is below 5um, which help patients absorb medicine they need easier ,and makes treatment work better !
- Higher Utilization Rate Of Medication : The average conversion rate of medicine is up to 0.2 ml/min , which means patients can better take in medication and get better treatment
- Meet the demands of all family members : Our steam compressor inhaler comes with a mouthpiece, a kid mask and a adult mask , your family members can choose one of them to inhale medication according to their demands .
- Easy & Convenient and Low Noise: Just plug the machine into outlet, one button operation. the noise level is below 65 dBA during operation , let you enjoy quiet treatment !
- 1 year no-hassle warranty is guaranteed ! If you have any question ,please feel free to contact us !
The small particle size offers better treatment and helps patients absorb medicine quite easier, thereby making the treatment more effective. Furthermore, the average conversion rate of the medicine is up to 0.2ml/min that implies the patient can better take the medication and avail better treatment.
The nebulizer comes with a children mask and an adult mask, and hence, can meet the demands of all your family members. Most importantly, it comes with one-button operation, easy to use functionality, and noise-free operation. The noise level is below 65 dBA, and hence, let you enjoy the quiet and relaxing treatment.
- Small particle offering better treatment
- Single-button operation
- Ideal for all family members
- Higher utilization rate of medication
- Low noise operation
- Convenient to carry from room to room
- High-quality product
- Hassle-free usability
- Cool mist safe for kids
- Might not be suitable for chronic illness
2.Firetruck Pediatric Asthma Compressor Home Use
- Unique child friendly design, with reflective lights and ladder
- Storage compartment in cab
- Quiet and easy-to-use
- Piston driven system
The best thing is that it comes with storage compartment in cab. These storage compartments can be used to store medicines as well as other essential products that make storage convenient and compact. Furthermore, the steam compressor delivers quiet operation. It offers a single button operation and is easy-to-use.
This device converts liquid medicine into aerosol drops that can be easily inhaled by small children. The easy to replace filter is located under the front hood and ensure the operation is safe and silent. There is even an electrical cord located under rear hood. With kids-friendly design and excellent performance, it is a perfect nebulizer for small children.
- Kids-friendly attractive design
- Ladder and reflective lights
- Storage compartments in the cab
- Make storage of medicines convenient and compact
- Single button operation
- Noise-free operation
- Easy to replace filter under the front hood
- Electrical cord under rear hood
- Excellent performance
- Perfect for small infants and kids, not for young children
3.Train Compact Vaporizer Inhaler Compressor for Kids – Home Use
- A device that can convert liquid medicine into aerosol droplets which can be easily inhaled.
- Unique child friendly design, with working lights
- Includes pediatric mask, disposable neb kit, and tubing
- Piston driven system
The toy train design is attractive to the kids and hence you can help them inhale the medicine without much fuss. Moreover, it comes with a single button operation. It is therefore very easy to use. The nebulizer comes with power cord connection that is safe. Your kids can play with the nebulizer and at the same time enjoy inhaling the medicine and availing relief.
Though it is a bit noisy, but it would not bother your kid or you. An additional benefit of this steam compressor is that it can calm down even 5 months old infants and put them to sleep. Hence, it is definitely worth it!
- Attractive toy-train design
- Converts liquid medicine easily into small aerosols
- Provides effective treatments to all sorts of breathing issues
- Offer easy inhalation to your kids without much fuss
- Power-cord connection
- Suitable even for infants
- Slightly noisy
Benefits of Using Nebulizers
You’ve already read about the 10 best portable nebulizers available in the market. But if you are still not sure that whether you must purchase one or not then have an in-depth knowledge of how nebulizers are beneficial for your treatment.
- A major advantage of a nebulizer is minimal patient cooperation. The patient can inhale the medication with ease through the nebulizer without doing just anything. You just have to switch it on and the nebulizer will start its work. For this reason, nebulizers are largely recommended for infants, children, and even emergency departments in hospitals.
- Nebulizers are significantly easy to use than MDIs or other similar products. MDIs need a specific level of skill to precisely deliver medicine to the lungs that can be quite difficult for the patients. Also, improper or incorrect use of MDI can even lead to severe health issues. But this will never be the case with nebulizers. They are very easy to use and most of them come with the single-button
- Nebulizers offer deeper penetration of medication into the lungs. The cool mist and vapors released by them penetrate deeply into the respiratory system and thereby enhances the effectiveness of the treatment.
Buyer’s Guide – Picking the Best Nebulizer
Out there are different types of nebulizers available in the market. You may select one considering some important aspects mentioned below.
- Size – Adult or Pediatric
Pediatric nebulizers are designed to deliver relief and breathing medication to kids. They usually come in fun, attractive shapes and patterns with bright colors.
Adult nebulizers have a standard appearance and may contain certain exclusive features.
- Design – Handheld or Tabletop
The nebulizer design is another aspect of consideration and is based on how you are planning to use a nebulizer. Some nebulizers comprise compressors that weigh several pounds, while others are compact and small enough to fit to your palm.
First determine whether you would be using the nebulizer at home or during travel or in office and then select an appropriate design accordingly.
- Medication System – Vibrating Mesh, Ultrasonic Wave, or Atomizer
Nebulizers are designed to offer medication using multiple mechanisms. The most common designs are the one delivering medication through a compressor or atomizers. Such nebulizers send a jet of air directly into the liquid medication creating a breathable mist.
The ultrasonic wave nebulizers use high-frequency vibrations to vaporize medicine. They deliver noise-free operation and light in weight as compared to atomic nebulizers.
The nebulizers with vibrating mesh delivery system are more efficient and prevent the waste of medication.
- Speed of Delivery
If you are asthma patient or suffering from a severe breathing ailment, then you need instant supply of medication. Hence, it becomes essential to check the nebulizer’s capacity to deliver medication, which can range from 4 to 8 liters per minute.
- Noise Level
This is a more personal preference and is of important consideration, especially if you use nebulizer during the night. For optimal comfort, always pick a nebulizer that offers noise-free operation.
In addition to these aspects, do consider your personal requirements while selecting a nebulizer. If you are confused among varieties of nebulizers then you can consider buying best nebulizers mentioned in our list. It is because these nebulizers are tested and proven for their performance, efficiency, and durability.
Nebulizers – Cleaning and Care
Cleaning your nebulizer is vital because not doing so enhances the risk of respiratory infection like pneumonia. Also, you need to wash the nebulizer pieces with soapy, warm water after each treatment and let them air dry. Also, check the user manual available with the product to see how to use and maintain the nebulizer.
A nebulizer cannot cure an illness but definitely can enhance the effectiveness of the medication. With the increase in respiratory problems, having a nebulizer has become mandatory for every home. So, check for the best portable nebulizers in our list and sure you would be able to shortlist one that meets all your requirements and is within your budget range.
Dr. David Taylor is a medical professional and an avid blogger. He holds an M.D. from Drexel University & a Ph.D. from Indiana University School of Medicine.
Dr. David loves to utilize technology to improve healthcare and he does it daily through BestRatedDocs.com. He founded the company in 2016 with the vision to make the discoverability of the best healthcare facilities & best products simple and easy. His passion for informatics and using technology to empower healthcare professionals and the patients they serve is unmatched. He regularly blogs about technology, health IT, medical products and other healthcare topics at bestrateddocs.com.
Last updated on 2018-11-19 // Source: Amazon Affiliates