Our List of The Best Infrared Thermometers
If you’re looking for the best infrared thermometers, we have a detailed post laid out for you below. First, lets look at thermometers in general.
Whenever we come across the term ‘thermometer’ we think of those small devices that are placed in our mouth or on our forehead to measure body temperature. Such thermometers are used for medical purposes, and hence, are known as medical thermometers. Though these thermometers are highly effective in measuring the body’s temperature, they are not useful to measure the temperature of other surfaces or objects. It is because they have limited measurement range and are contact devices.
But what if you have to measure the temperature of an object from a certain distance?
It is impossible for medical thermometers to cater us in this regard. Hence, here comes the ultimate solution – Infrared thermometers. Infrared thermometers are devices that allow measuring the temperature of surfaces or objects from a distance. Whether it is plastic or metal, the thermometer can measure the temperature of all kinds of surfaces and objects.
How does an Infrared Thermometer work?
An infrared thermometer is ideal to measure the temperature of a surface or an object without being in direct contact to it. Every object in this world radiates thermal energy. The hotter an object is, the more thermal energy it possesses.
Infrared thermometers are equipped with detectors that transform this thermal energy into electronic signals, which can be read on a screen in less than a few seconds. Most of the advanced infrared thermometers use a laser pointer to measure the exact temperature of a targeted object.
The high speed and excellent versatility make infrared thermometer an essential product for numerous industrial, commercial, and home applications.
Uses of an Infrared Thermometer
There are situations when contact thermometers and probes may deliver more accurate results than their infrared equivalent. But there are certain situations where non-contact equipment are the best. Infrared thermometers are the best solution to measure the temperature of objects that cannot be touched, something that is too far away or too hot.
A large number of people working in manufacturing, mining, or construction industry use infrared thermometers on a regular basis. It is because they frequently have to interact with hazardous objects, like electrical equipment, degreasing units, molten metal, and more.
A common use of an infrared thermometer is to measure the temperature of moving things. It includes items on a conveyor belt, specifically inside manufacturing plants. In addition to this, these are great tools to measure the temperature of living organisms like animals.
You can also use an infrared thermometer to measure the temperature of food. They are useful to measure food that risks of contamination. For this reason, infrared thermometers are highly valuable tools for food manufacturers and health inspectors. The thermometers can also be used to measure temperatures of foods that are difficult to puncture with the probes.
These thermometers are also highly useful in the house. They can be used for air conditioner ducts, check the surface of a grill, barbeque, and more.
Infrared thermometers are highly useful devices. So, if you too are looking for such a device then check the best ten infrared thermometers right here.
Best Infrared Thermometers
1. Fluke 62 Max Plus Infrared Thermometer
- Infrared thermometer for noncontact surface temperature measurement for use in monitoring electrical, mechanical, hvac, and automotive systems
- Measures temperature from 30 to 650 degrees C ( 22 to 1202 degrees F) with an accuracy of + or 1 degree C or + or 1.0 percent of the reading from 0 to 650...
- Dual lasers rotate to pinpoint the edges of the measurement area
- Displays the minimum, the maximum, the difference between the two temperatures, and the average temperatures
- Certified IP54 for protection against dust and splashing liquid
Just like Fluke’s exceptional Multimeter line, the thermometer holds superior quality and key attention to detail. It can measure a temperature range from -22 to +1202 Degrees Fahrenheit with a brilliant accuracy rate. The tool is an excellent choice for those who wish to check the temperature difference between two objects in a quite close proximity.
It uses two AA batteries, which are economical to replace. Additionally, it has the option to use rechargeable batteries. While the backlit allows convenient reading of the measurement, display lives for a short time of just 5 seconds. Moreover, you need to set the thermometer emissivity correctly in order to get relatively accurate temperature readings.
- Excellent for non-contact surface temperature measurement
- Best to use in monitoring mechanical, electrical, automotive, and HVAC systems
- Displays maximum, minimum, and difference between two temperatures
- Dual lasers rotate
- Certified IP54 for protection against liquid and dust
- Lightweight and small size makes it easy to clip
- Display lives for a short time of only 5 seconds
2. Klein Tools IR5 Dual Laser 12:1 Infrared Thermometer
- Optical Resolution (Distance-to-spot) is 12:1
- Features include dual-laser targeting; auto-scan; max/min/avg/diff; high/low alarm; backlit display; auto power-off
- Drop protection to 6.6-feet (2 m)
- Measurement Range: -22-degrees to 752-degrees F (-30-degrees to 400-degrees C)
- Not a medical device; thermometer is NOT intended for use on people or animals.
The thermometer comes with adjustable emissivity feature as well as auto-scan functionality. In addition to this, you get a backlit display and an alarm-equipped in the infrared thermometer. It powers off automatically when not in use. There is also a feature of drop protection, which is good for 6.6 feet.
The tool gathers power from one nine-volt battery and offers continuous use. The battery offers life-long expectancy of around 10 hours. This product offers a wide measurement range and is ideal for numerous professional applications. For this reason, the thermometer can be used to measure the temperature of most of the surfaces and objects.
- Optical resolution of 12:1
- Dual-laser targeting
- High/Low Alarm
- Auto Power Off
- 9-volt battery with a life expectancy of 10 hours continuous use
- Display with backlit
- Adjustable Emissivity
- Drop protection to 6.6 feet
- Soft touch
- Easy to handle
- Comes with regular 9-volt battery
3. EnnoLogic Temperature Gun Dual Laser Non-Contact Infrared Thermometer
- NOT for BODY TEMPERATURE! This thermometer does NOT estimate body temperature from skin temp readings. Its accuracy of ± 3.5°F does not make it accurate...
- IMPRESS YOUR FRIENDS WITH THE PERFECT PIZZA: Adjustable emissivity gives you the needed accuracy for your wood-fired or brick pizza oven. Want your pizza stone...
- OUR CUSTOMERS RAVE ABOUT THE 1000’S OF DOLLARS THEY SAVE ON HOME AND CAR REPAIRS with our laser thermometer. Find exactly where insulation is missing, or hot...
- OWN THE ULTIMATE INSTANT-READ COOKING THERMOMETER: Safely test hot foods, reheated baby food, water baths, and frying oils in seconds without spills, burns or...
- PROFESSIONAL FEATURE-LOADED IR THERMOMETER AT A FRACTION OF THE PRICE: Scan & Hold. Hi and Lo Alarm. Min, Max, and Average display. Dual lasers and adjustable...
The thermometer measure surface temperatures from -58 Degrees to 1202 Degrees Fahrenheit with a high accuracy result. It can scan minimum, maximum, and average display. Further, it comes with two built-in laser pointers to accurately identify the target spot. With a big, easy-to-read display and bright backlight, it is possible to use it even in dim light.
It offers a distance to spot ratio of 10:1 and fast power-up response time of 500msec. The feature of adjustable emissivity allows increased accuracy for different materials. You can adjust the alarm from low to high. It holds an ergonomic, rugged, and attractive design and comes with a user manual and 9-volt battery.
- Measure surface temperature
- Scans minimum, maximum, and average temperatures
- Easy-to-read display with backlit
- Quick power-up and response time
- Adjustable low / high set points with alarm
- Ergonomic, rugged, and attractive design
- Built-in laser points offering high precision
- The product is not designed to measure body temperature, and hence, not suitable for the medical purpose.
4. Klein Tools IR07 Dual Infrared (IR) and Probe Pocket Size LCD Digital Thermometer
- Capable of measuring temperature from -40 to 572 Degrees Fahrenheit (-40 to 300 Degrees Celsius)
- Accurately measure surface temperature with Infrared Thermometer (DS ratio 8:1)
- Measure air vents and duct temperatures using temperature probe with hands-free hanging hook
- Temperature probe also can measure liquid temperatures
- Not a medical device; thermometer is NOT intended for use on people or animals.
It is incorporated with laser point sighting that helps to carry direct measurements toward the target. The big backlit LCS display shows both maximum and current readings simultaneously. Furthermore, it has a protective boot offering added durability. The efficient, award-winning ergonomic design makes it a perfect model to carry infrared measurements for hazardous substances.
It offers excellent accuracy and can measure temperature in Celsius as well as Fahrenheit. It is pocket-sized and very portable, and it has a distance to spot ratio of 12:1 and comes in a beautiful storage pouch, which makes it easier to carry.
- Temperature range from -40 to 572 Degrees Fahrenheit
- Quick response time
- Display Maximum and current readings
- Big, easy to read display with backlit
- Compact and durable design
- Single dot laser sighting system
- Pocket Sized
- Comes with a laser for easy targeting
- Not to be used on humans or animals
5. Etekcity Lasergrip 1080 Non-Contact Digital Laser Infrared Thermometer Temperature Gun
- BETTER ACCURACY: The distance to spot ratio is 12: 1, meaning the laser grip 1080 can accurately measure targets at greater distances compared to most other IR...
- TARGET QUICKER: Measure surface temperature ranging from -58℉ to 1022℉/ -50℃ to 550℃, you can choose the unit from ℉/ ℃; Response time: ≤500Ms; A...
- ADDED FUNCTIONS: The LCD screen is backlit, also has an auto-off function to extend the battery life, and features a low battery indicator so you never...
- VERSATILE DESIGN: Infrared technology makes this thermometer handy to measure the surface temperature of various objects especially temperatures above boiling...
- NOTE: The thermometer can't measure the internal temperature of an object; Temperature readings from this devices are inanimate objects, the measured...
The thermometer measures temperature ranging from -58 Degree Fahrenheit to 1022 Degree Fahrenheit or -50 Degree Celsius to 550 Degree Celsius. It comes with a built-in laser that offers great precision to hone the exact space you wish to measure. With a versatile design, the thermometer is handy to measure the surface temperature of numerous objects particularly temperatures below freezing points and above boiling points.
You can use it when you are barbequing, cooking, doing home repairs, performing auto maintenance, and carrying hosts of other tasks. The LCD screen has a backlit and also features an auto-off function to extend battery life. It even features a low battery indicator so that you never accidentally run out of its use.
- Accurately measures objects at a greater distance
- Measures a vast range of temperature
- Built-in laser offering great precision
- Versatile design makes it suitable for all applications
- Useful for barbequing, home repairs, carrying maintenance, and more
- LCD screen with a backlit
- Features a low battery indicator
- Auto-off function for extended battery life
- Affordable design
- The body is not much durable.
6. Amprobe IR-708 Infrared Thermometer with 8:1 Spot Ratio
- Measure temperatures quickly and accurately without having to touch the object using the laser pointer. Updates twice per second!
- Typical uses include cooking and food preparation, outdoor grilling, automotive diagnostics, HVAC service, electrical troubleshooting, industrial maintenance,...
- Take your temperature easily within seconds. Safe for all ages!
- Save money on energy costs by locating air leaks in doors and windows
- Measures from 0F - 716˚F (-18˚C to 380˚C); accuracy +/- 2% (typical)
It has a bright backlit LCD display that shows the minimum, maximum, and current temperature. It works on non-contact temperature measurement functionality, and hence, can measure temperatures accurately without touching the object. With a distance to spot ratio of 8:1, it has fixed emissivity at 0.95.
You can select temperature measurements between Degree Celsius and Degree Fahrenheit. It comes from a 65 years old trusted brand in a rugged, reliable, and durable design. The product complies with the latest CE and IEC safety regulations and has undergone rigorous testing to ensure the quality is unmatched.
- Precise and easy temperature measurements
- Based on non-contact temperature measuring principle
- Customize temperature between Celsius and Fahrenheit
- Durable and rugged design
- Ideal for multiple applications
- Complied with IEC and CE safety regulations
- LCD display with bright backlit
- Displays maximum, minimum, and difference between two temperatures
- Distance to spot ratio of 8:1
- Tested under rigorous conditions to deliver exceptional service
- Comes with fixed emissivity at 0.95
7. Avantek TG-3Y Dual Laser Infrared Thermometer
- ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY: Dual lasers accurately pinpoint your target area; non-contact infrared technology enables you to measure objects without physical contact,...
- WIDE TEMPERATURE RANGE: Extended measurement range from -58 °F to 1562 °F (-50 °C to 850 °C); safely tests baby food, bathwater, milk, barbecues and...
- GREATER ACCURACY: Saves up to 20 groups of readings in LOG mode so that you can get the most accurate results by comparison; adjustable emissivity in EMS mode...
- FIND THE MODE FOR YOU: Supports MAX/MIN/DIF/AVG temperature records each time you take a reading; HAL/LAL values make it easy to judge if the measured...
- EASY, FAST & USER-FRIENDLY: Simply press the trigger button and the device will respond in 500 ms; HOLD function to monitor the temperature over a longer time;...
It comes with a powerful mode button and can display minimum, maximum, and average reading. It is possible to measure temperature units in Celsius and Fahrenheit. It has a LOG function, lock mode, low and high alarm settings that are easily accessible. Further, the product features an intelligent temperature alarm function. The thermometer shows blinking icons and an alarm beep on the LCD display. Hence, you are instantly able to know the temperature range that is being measured.
Another great feature is the automatically shut off functionality. It automatically shuts off in 7 seconds of non-operation to save power. It comes in an ergonomic handle and compact design that makes it easy to use and store. It is very convenient and simple to use. You just have to point, aim, and measure the temperature.
- Dual laser technology
- Measures extremely low or high temperatures
- Displays minimum, maximum, and average temperatures
- Lock mode
- Automatic shut off in 7 seconds
- Unique LOG function
- LCD display with an alarm beep and blinking icon
- Ergonomic and compact design
- Easy to use and store
- Powered by regular 9 volts batteries, which need to be replaced frequently
8. Nubee 8380H Thermometer Temperature Gun
- VARIOUS USAGES: Can be used to serve a wide, use it for kitchen cooking and barbecuing, check your car maintenance, cooling system, real estate, engineering ,...
- ACCURATE and SAFE: Measures Range from -58°F～1022°F/ -50°C～550°C; Accuracy ±1.5% or 1.5°C; Has a distance to Spot Ratio is 12:1, it measures an...
- ADDED FUNCTION: Max temperature function (it can take the highest temperature of the area tested by scanning and save the data at the bottom of the screen) EMS...
- USER-FRIENDLY FEATURES: Backlight LCD, allows temperature measurement in the dark. An automatic-off function aimed to extend battery life. Added a low battery...
- BUY WITH CONFIDENCE: All sales come with lifetime warranty by Nubee; FDA, FCC, CE, ROHS approved; Warning: Temperature readings from this devices are inanimate...
It comes with a distance to spot ratio of 12:1. It can measure temperature precisely at one-inch diameter spot. Moreover, it can measure the maximum temperature range and can take the highest temperature of the area testing by scanning. The thermometer comes with EMS adjustable function. Hence, it ensures that the temperature measurements are more accurate for different articles.
You only have to aim the target in order to measure the temperature. You can stand as close as possible to the surface or object for more precise temperature. You have to pull the trigger to view temperature readings on the digital display on the infrared thermometer.
- Useful for various applications
- Ideal for safe and accurate measurements
- Distance to spot ratio is 12:1
- Measure temperature accurately at a distance of one-inch
- EMS adjustable function
- Pull trigger mechanism
- Accurate results for different materials
- It is not meant to be used for medical purpose.
9. Masione Digital Laser Infrared Thermometer
- MULTI-FUNCTION: Extremely Handy, Consistent & Versatile for Instant Temp Readings in performing auto maintenance, air leaks, cooking, barbequing, medical,...
- TEMPERATURE RANGE in CELSIUS AND FAHRENHEIT: -50°C to +380°C /-58 °F to +716°F; Accuracy: ±1.5% or ±1.5℃.A built in Laser gives you the precision to...
- BACKLIGHT LCD SCREEN: Auto Shut-Off in 7 seconds to extend the battery life and features a low battery indicator.
- HANDLED and SAFE: Keep Your Hands Safe in This Amazingly Fast & Safe Way to Measure Temperature Without Surface Contact.
- Power & WARRANTY: It is powered by 2 x AAA battery (Included). U.S. FDA FCC, CE, ROHS approved. 1 Year Warranty.
This infrared temperature gun can help you get accurate temperature readings instantly in the range of -50 to 380 degrees Celsius. It is a portable tool that can be used in various applications like making soap, playground equipment, making candles, determining refrigerator temperature, baking, making candy, brewing beer, finding air leaks, and more.
The LCD screen display with backlight makes it extremely easy to read the temperature readings. The display automatically shuts off when the battery is low. The device is safe and durable to handle. It can measure temperature safely without surface contact. It comes with 2 x AAA battery with an approved 1-year warranty.
- Multi-function ability
- Versatile and consistent temperature readings
- LCD screen display with backlight
- Safe to measure the temperature of hazardous substances
- Temperature range in Fahrenheit and Celsius
- Powered by AAA battery
- Distance to spot ratio is 12:1
- Data hold functionality
- Laser target pointer
- Preset emissivity
- The emissivity is set and you cannot adjust it to measure temperatures of different substances.
10. Rosvola Infrared Thermometer, GS320 No-Contact LCD Display Handheld Digital Infrared Thermometer -50℃-360℃
- ➤ 20 seconds auto power off. Laser on/off switch, auto power off & temperature data hold. You can switch Celsius and Fahrenheit freely.
- ➤ Laser sight allows accurate targeting. Simply point to an object and read its temperature.
- ➤ Precise non-contact IR thermometer, safe and easy to use. Simple One-Handed operation.
- ➤ Suitable for: hot water pipes, hot engine parts, cooking surfaces, hot tubes insulation, electrical connection, ballasts in electric lights, electric...
- ➤ 100% GUARANTEE: We are confident that you will love our stylish Temperature Meter. If you have any proble, you can contact us, we will reply with 24 hours...
You can easily measure high temperatures and temperatures of moving objects with it. The thermometer has the ability to eliminate contamination and mechanical effect on the target. It showcases both the maximum and current temperature on the bright backlit LCD display. It comes in a rugged and advanced ergonomic design that makes it suitable for all industrial applications.
It is a non-contact infrared thermometer that measures temperature quickly. From HVAC service, food preparation, electrical troubleshooting, automotive diagnostics, and hobbies, the thermometer is useful for all the applications. It comes with EMS adjustable functionality that makes the measurements more accurate.
- Distance to spot ratio of 12:1
- Temperature readings for maximum and current temperature
- Auto shut off
- One-Handed Operation
- Measures inaccessible, harmful, and moving objects
- Laser sight for accurate targeting
- Measures temperature in less than a second
- Non-contact infrared thermometer
- Comes with user manual
- It is equipped with a regular 9-volt single battery
Factors to Consider When Purchasing Infrared Thermometers
There are different types of infrared thermometers available that have varying features. But there are some features that are common to most of them. An LCD screen display is an important feature where the temperature readings are displayed. In addition to this, the thermometer must have data logging abilities where it is possible to record the readings. The other feature is the ability to measure emissivity and laser sighting.
Each infrared thermometer is designed for a specific purpose. Some are useful for medical uses, some for industrial uses, and some are used to determine the temperature of hot surfaces or objects at a distance. Hence, you must select an infrared thermometer based on your purpose.
- Measurement Range
These thermometers are used for a range of tasks. From medical use to industrial applications, the temperature range you want depends on what kind of thermometer you need. Most of the general models have a range of at least -50 Degree Celsius to 380 Degree Celsius. While there are advanced professional-grade thermometers that can scan temperatures of up to -50 Degree Celsius to 750 Degree Celsius, you can always go for the basic models, if they are able to meet your requirements.
Infrared thermometers can measure external temperatures. The emissivity is related to the reflectivity of the surface being scanned. The infrared thermometers featuring a fixed emissivity of 0.95 is perfect for reading common solid surfaces such as walls, pipes, metal, and more.
Fixed emissivity can result in issues when scanning reflective objects like oily, glass, or liquids. Hence, it is best to buy professional – grade models offering variable emissivity as they would allow you to calibrate thermometer for every surface you are scanning for the most precise readout.
- Distance to Spot Ratio
It is the distance at which infrared thermometer scan temperature from a one-inch area. For example, a thermometer with 12:1 ratio implies that it scans a one-inch spot when held at a distance of 12 inches from the target surface. Pick a thermometer that can cater your need in the best way.
- Accuracy and Speed
All thermometers recommended in our list offer accurate and quick results. There are advanced thermometers available for professional use that offer accurate results due to adjustable emissivity and better IR sensors. You can pick an infrared thermometer based on the level of precision you require.
Lastly, it is essential to consider the price of an infrared thermometer before buying it. But make sure you consider buying a thermometer that incorporates at least all the basic features. It is because only such a thermometer would be able to serve your needs.
If you are searching for a device with high accuracy in temperature readings, then an infrared thermometer is the best gadget for you. Such a thermometer offers fast readings from surfaces both distant and near. Also, they have the potential of offering 2 dimensional reading of big areas where the temperature may differ from one point to the other. An infrared thermometer offers effective functionality for both domestic and commercial use. Hence, pick an infrared thermometer from the above list that meets your purpose and that fits perfectly well in your budget.
Dr. David Taylor is a medical professional and an avid blogger. He holds an M.D. from Drexel University & a Ph.D. from Indiana University School of Medicine.
Dr. David loves to utilize technology to improve healthcare and he does it daily through BestRatedDocs.com. He founded the company in 2016 with the vision to make the discoverability of the best healthcare facilities & best products simple and easy. His passion for informatics and using technology to empower healthcare professionals and the patients they serve is unmatched. He regularly blogs about technology, health IT, medical products and other healthcare topics at bestrateddocs.com.
Last updated on 2020-04-06 // Source: Amazon Affiliates