The Ultimate List of Best Bluetooth Thermometers
To ensure that the meat you eat is free from pathogens, like E. coli and salmonella and potentially harmful bacteria, the U.S Department of Agriculture suggests some minimum internal cooking temperatures:
165 Degree Fahrenheit – Turkey and Chicken
145 Degree Fahrenheit – Lamb, Pork, Veal, and Beef
160 Degree Fahrenheit – Ground Meat
145 Degree Fahrenheit – Ham
145 Degree Fahrenheit – Fish
But how you know if your chicken or roast has reached the appropriate temperatures? Eyeballing the meat is not the best way. Turkey and chicken can appear beautifully cooked on the outside yet can be undercooked on the inside, specifically if you are cooking over a high flame on the grill. And overcooking food just to make sure it’s safe, is not a good option. You might kill off bacteria, but it will also spoil the taste.
Luckily, there is an excellent solution – a Bluetooth Thermometer!
Bluetooth thermometers are handy kitchen devices that can keep your family safe from potential food poisoning and maintain the safety and taste of your meat, which can get altered due to overcooking. If you are willing to buy a Bluetooth thermometer then read our comprehensive guide on Bluetooth thermometer and the 10 best thermometers to purchase. And if you would like to learn more about selecting and using a Bluetooth thermometer, please read till the end.
What is a Bluetooth Thermometer?
A Bluetooth thermometer is a specifically designed thermometer that eliminates the need for connectors and wires to measure the temperature of cooking meat or other food. It is used to ensure that your meat or food is cooked or grilled at an adequate temperature. Using a Bluetooth thermometer ensures that your food is always perfectly cooked, not undercooked and overcooked and at the same time is tasty and healthy.
With a Bluetooth thermometer, it is possible to transmit temperature graph or data to a secure connection like your smartphone, tablet, iPhone, iPad, or any other device.
Bluetooth vs. Wi-Fi Thermometers – Explained
Wi-Fi thermometers have been in buzz for a long. While these units keep getting better with technology, they simply are not the only best. There has been a great upsurge in the demand of Bluetooth thermometers over the years.
Bluetooth thermometers can be paired with your devices and most of them also offer the Wi-Fi connectivity. So rather than carrying around a hefty receiver, you can check the temperature of your meat on your mobile. These thermometers come with an app and numerous cool features, like probe naming, custom temperature alerts, temperature graphs, and more.
With an app installed in your phone or device and the ease to monitor the cooking meat from almost anywhere in the house, the Bluetooth thermometers offer a hassle-free setup and complete ease of usage.
So, if you are ready to get this rich experience of cooking then here check the 10 best Bluetooth thermometers to purchase.
10 Best Bluetooth Thermometers 2018
1. Weber iGrill 2 Bluetooth Thermometer
- Four probe capacity (two meat probes included)
- Meat probes are heat resistant up to 716˚F
- LED temperature display; Clean with lint free cloth and non-abrasive cleanser. Never submerge in fluid, product is not waterproof.
- Bluetooth connectivity
- 200-hour battery life (batteries included)
The iGrill 1 and 2 were introduced by iDevices, a company that was later purchased by Weber. Just like the earlier two products, even this one meets the same quality standards. This Bluetooth thermometer can be a standalone accessory. The meat probes hold heat resistance up to 716 Degree Fahrenheit. Further, it has a LED temperature display and a magnetic base.
The battery holds a 200-hour long life. It allows you to preset temperatures, perform temperature monitoring, and use features mentioned in the Weber iGrill app. It offers excellent Bluetooth range and enhanced pairing, allowing you to connect your device in just two seconds. If in case you have a low battery, the thermometer will automatically shut off the display to ensure there is uninterrupted working.
- Enhanced Bluetooth range
- Improved Pairing up to 150ft
- Ability to use 4 probes at one
- Easily monitor multiple smokers
- Rubber base for easy handling
- You can name different probes using the app
- Proximity sensor
- LED display screen
- Not the most affordable option
2. Cappec Luxury Wireless Bluetooth Thermometer
- White backlight let night grill becomes easy,Big LCD display both food and oven current temps together with Target and current temperature in the same place
- Two accurate Instant read food grade stainless steel probes measures temperature between -4° F (-20°C) to 482° F (250°C), Probe wires are rated for 716°F
- No synch required, just turn on the thermometer and it connects to your phone automatically; Choose preset or customized temperatures from Cappec APP; Monitor...
- 150 feet bluetooth 4.0 smart range compatible with iOS devices (iPhone 4S+, iPad mini, iPad 3+ ) and most Android devices running 4.3+; reading temperature...
- High end Aluminum Stand magnet offer different view angle and also can use as a phone holder; 7.5" probe with metal handle and a special design of the plug
It is a high-end model that will offer you most of the modern features, a sleek design, and awesome accuracy. And the best thing is that you will get all this is at an affordable price. The device is made of aluminum, which makes it durable and easy to clean. The LCD display has an orange backlight making it easy to read in the twilight.
It comes with two probes and you can use the device without connecting to your phone. It has a self-explanatory functionality and a library that allows you to choose from distinct meats on cooking styles. If the temperature is little lower than what it must be, the thermometer would take it into account and automatically adjust the cooking time.
- Modern features
- Easy to use functionality
- Dual probes
- Durable and sleek aluminum body
- Accurate temperature readings
- Sleek and modern design
- Exportable data graphs and recordings
- Numerous preset levels for various temperatures
- Connects within a range of 100 feet only
3. ThermoPro Wireless Remote Digital Thermometer
- 【3 YEARS WARRANTY! REGISTER your wireless meat thermometer after purchase and INCREASE YOUR WARRANTY COVERAGE FROM 1 YEAR TO 3 YEARS】A brand-new sensor...
- 【Hands Free Monitor】Wireless digital meat thermometer with dual probe monitors food or oven/grill/smoker temps up to 300 feet away, enabling you to enjoy...
- 【Hassle-Free Setup】No synch required, say goodbye to the tedious setup steps; Large LCD displays both food and oven temps and timer for the most intuitive...
- 【USDA Preset Temperature Settings】BBQ thermometer with preset temperatures for 9 types of meat and their various doneness levels recommended by USDA; All of...
- 【Durable and Accurate Probes】Grilling thermometer features food grade stainless steel probe with step-down tip design to get temperature more precisely and...
Further, it is equipped with a sensor, which can be used as an oven probe to accurately read the results of the surrounding temperature. With a mobile connecting range of up to 300 feet, it will keep you updated on your food’s temperature so that you can enjoy good food while simultaneously doing other chores or simply relaxing.
It offers a hassle-free setup that requires no sync. The big LCD screen displays food and oven temps and timer for a best intuitive experience. While the backlit allows reading at dim light, it comes with USDA preset temperature settings, which can be used to cook food of your desired taste. The probes are made of stainless steel and can withstand temperature up to 716 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Hassle-free set up
- Hand free monitoring
- Accurate and durable probes
- Preset temperature settings
- Large LCD display with backlit
- Temperature settings
- Mobile connecting range up to 300 feet
- Great value for money
- Dual probe technology
- Does not offer 4 probe technology
4. Soraken GM-001 Bluetooth Wireless Meat Thermometer for Grilling Smoker
The thermometer comes with preset temperature settings and 11 types of cooking levels recommended by USDA. You can set the temperature from high to low and reset it manually to suit your taste. When the temperature or time exceeds than what has been set up then there will be a flash or deep with backlight. Hence, you never have to worry about undercooking or overcooking.
It comes with 4 probes that allow monitoring 6 different foods wirelessly. The temperature can be set up from 32 Degree Fahrenheit to 572 Degree Fahrenheit. The thermometer comes with a strong magnet on the back which can be conveniently connected on the grill. In addition to colorful probes, manual setup, and ease of usage, the thermometer comes with 12-month warranty.
- 4 Probes for accurate cooking
- Wireless Monitoring of Food
- No tedious setup
- Single button on and off
- Big LCD display with backlight
- Widely compatible app with iPod, iPhone, Android, iPad, tablets, and smartphones
- Auto connect to your mobile after the first connection
- Base unit comes with a magnet
- 11 preset temperatures for cooking meat
- Slightly expensive, but worth the features
5. Nutrichef Smart Bluetooth Thermometer
- 200’ OUTDOOR WIRELESS RANGE: Professional smart cordless grilling kit and accessories. Get an instant push notification to your smartphone if the chef leaves...
- DONE SMARTPHONE ALARM: When the sensor detects the meat reaches the set temperature the Apple iPhone iOS or Android WiFi mobile app will send push notifications...
- DUAL MONITORING: Remote monitor food temperatures in either Celsius or Fahrenheit and get alerts for multi meats. Save pro cooking presets for your favorite...
- INSTANT READ DIGITAL DISPLAY: Large electric backlit LCD display can be held or set on surface stand and is great for quickly glancing at the smoke or cook...
- UPGRADED STAINLESS STEEL CABLE: Safely leave heavy duty metal probes inside any oven or grill for the entire cook duration. Probe can withstand high heat temp...
It is equipped with smartphone alarm which rings when the sensor detects the meat reaches to the set temperature. The alarm ensures that the food is not overcooked or burnt. Furthermore, it has dual monitoring functionality where you get alerts for multi meats. You can save pro cooking presets for your preferred kitchen steak recipes and set each probe separately.
The big electric backlit LCD display offers an easy and convenient reading. Even the digital display automatically cycles between both the readings. It comes with heavy duty safety cable and the probe can withstand a high temperature of up to 482 Degree Fahrenheit, while the stainless steel cable can withstand a temperature of up to 716 Degree Fahrenheit.
- Professional grade device
- Smart cordless grilling kit
- Dual monitoring functionality
- LCD display with backlit
- Heavy duty stainless steel cables
- Efficiently engineered probes to withstand extreme temperature
- 200 feet outdoor wireless range
- 100 feet indoor wireless range
- Done smartphone alarm
- Instant read digital display
- Affordable solution
- Comes with only 2 probes
6. Maverick ET-733 Long Range Wireless Dual Probe
- Wireless BBQ thermometer long range, Loss of signal alert if you go out of range for more than a minute
- Bigger Screen and Large 300 ft range
- Monitor 2 probes at once. Probe wires are 3 ft long and are rated for 716°F
- Preset temperature for 6 meats and 9 game meats, Can customize preset temperatures to personal taste
- Select between Fahrenheit and Celsius
The bigger screen allows easy temperature reading. It allows monitoring 2 probes at a time, and the probe wires are 3 feet long and can withstand a temperature of 716 Degree Fahrenheit. With the preset temperature settings, it is possible to cook nine-game meats and nine common meats. Hence, you do not have to stand and monitor the food all the time. Also, you can customize the preset temperature settings according to your personal taste and the temperature remains the same even when the thermometer is switched off.
You can measure the grill temperature or meat temperature using the probes. The two grill clips are included to easily attach the probes to grill. The remote comes with a backlight that makes it easy to read under all conditions. You can select between Celsius and Fahrenheit to preset the temperature as per your choice.
- Long range probes up to 300 feet
- Signal alert to avoid overcooking of food
- Bigger screen allows convenient reading
- Monitor 2 probes at a time
- Preset temperature settings for customized cooking
- Remote with backlight
- Measure meat and grill temperature using probes
- Select between Celsius and Fahrenheit
- Great value for money
- Appealing burgundy color
- Does not supports wireless monitoring
7. iHomy Wireless Remote Digital Thermometer
It has a 230 feet long remote range, hence you can enjoy doing other things like playing computers, watching TV, taking care of your child, or more, while the meat is being cooked. One unique feature is its timer with a countdown and counts up a function where the maximum countdown is 9hr, 59min, 59 seconds. You can set timer mode and the beep will flash when the food is cooked.
The probes are made of food-grade stainless steel with IPX7 heat-resistance of up to 572 Degree Fahrenheit and waterproof rating. It has 8 food programs and 5 donenesses to cook 8 different types of meat and get 5 alternative tastes like medium, well, medium well, medium rare, and rare. You can make manual settings to cook meat of your desired taste.
- Three probes with water-resistance and temperature resistance
- Countdown and up timer
- Programmable temperatures for 8 selectable types of meat, 5 alternative tastes
- 230ft remote range
- Smart temperature alarm
- Wide application
- Upgraded IPX7 water resistance
- Backlit LCD display
- Auto-pairing when power is on
- The body can get damaged if not handled properly
8. GrillEye Smart Bluetooth Grilling and Smoking Thermometer
- 300' Bluetooth range*: Bluetooth connection enables users to monitor grilling temperatures from up to a 300 foot distance, without experiencing disconnections.
- 6 Probe ports: GrillEye allows easy monitoring of up to 6 different temperature probes at the same time.
- Dual temperature display: GrillEye displays, simultaneously, the current as well as the target temperature, using 2 different LED indicators.
- 2 in 1 Temperature Probes FDA approved for safe use with food. Includes 2 Pro-grade thermometer probes, made of space grade aluminum with flame-proof grip, and...
- Elegant and rugged design: GrillEye is designed to withstand the roughest conditions during grilling and smoking, without losing its premium style that makes it...
Another excellent feature of this Bluetooth thermometer is its dual temperature display with LED indicators. The display allows viewing current as well as targeting temperature range with ease. The probes are FDA approved for safe use with food. It comes with 2 pro-grade probes made of space grade aluminum holding the flame-proof grip and 2 clips for ambient temperature readings.
The thermometers have a rugged and elegant design and are designed to withstand even the toughest conditions during smoking and grilling without losing the premium style that makes it stand out from the crowd.
- Perfect for smoking as well as grilling
- Monitor grilling temperatures without disconnections
- 6 probe parts to monitor 6 temperatures at a time
- Dual temperature display with LED indicators
- 2 pro-grade probed made of aluminum
- Flame-proof holding grip
- 2 clips to measure ambient temperature readings
- Elegant and rugged design
- Slightly overpriced
9. Inkbird IBT-2x Bluetooth Wireless BBQ Grill Thermometer
- Bluetooth device, and free app perfect match with your phone
- Wireless Range: 50 meters / 150f
- Eight main barbecue foods for options and customized preset temperature, timer and temperature alarm
- Works with both Android (4.4 + above) with bluetooth 4.0 module and iOs software
- No battery included.
The thermometer offers a range of 150feet. It is equipped with preset temperature levels to help you cook different types of meat like fish, pork, beef, and more. There are alarms and timers available, which you can set when the thermometer reaches a certain set temperature level. You can use the app if you have an Android smartphone or an Android 4.4 or above.
The Inkbird thermometer is an excellent offering with a set of handy features. It is an affordable product that comes in a decent design. The body material is not the best but still offers decent durability. Since the cables are not water resistance, so you must be careful while washing or cleaning it.
- Great value for money
- Two probes and two sensors
- Android app for easy temperature monitoring
- Preset temperature levels
- Timers and alarms
- Easy to use and clean
- Works within a range of 150 feet only
- Cables are not water resistance
10. Weber IGrill Mini
- Single probe capacity (one meat probe included)
- Meat probes are heat resistant up to 716˚F
- Smart LED
- Bluetooth connectivity
- 150-hour battery life (battery included)
The thermometer comes with 1 meat probe and allows you to connect 1 probe at a time. Hence, you cannot monitor your meat and ambient temperature at the same time. However, the meat probes hold excellent resistance to meat up to 716 Degree Fahrenheit. It holds 150-hour battery life and smart LED option.
In addition to this, it comes with a magnetic base and preset temperature settings, temperature monitoring, and other features that would enhance your overall experience of using the thermometer. It comes with an app, which you can connect easily in order to enjoy the amazing features of the iGrill Mini.
- One of the most affordable options
- Meat probe hold excellent resistance to heat
- 150-hour battery life
- Display with LED
- Magnetic Base
- Preset temperature settings
- Easy temperature monitoring
- Comes with only 1 probe
Features to Consider While Buying a Bluetooth Thermometer
Every Bluetooth thermometer has the same functionality of indicating temperature. Whether fancy or simple, it must provide easy-to-read, accurate readings in a timely manner. However, if you want something beyond basic, then here are some of the handy features to look for in your Bluetooth thermometer.
- Temperature Alert / Alarm – A flashing light, beep or a combination of these two alerts are available in most of the advanced Bluetooth thermometers. These alerts flash when the meat reaches the programmed or preset temperature level.
- Stabilization Alert – With the stabilization alert beep, it is possible to know that your instant-read thermometer has reached a stable temperature reading level.
- Preset Temperatures – Such thermometers come with preset temperature functionality based on the USDA recommendations for safe and healthy cooking temperatures.
- Timer Control – There are Bluetooth thermometers available that offer counts down and count up timer feature for your cooking time.
- Programmable Temperature – This feature allows you to manually set your own target temperature.
- Dual Probes – Once a probe goes into the meat it starts working to monitor the temperature. With dual probes functionality, it is possible to monitor the temperature of meat as well as grill while cooking.
- High-Temperature Alert – High-temperature alerts offer a flashing light or an audible alert if the temperature of meat goes higher than the programmed setting.
- Temperature Range – A Bluetooth thermometer offering wide temperature range is ideal to cook different types of meat. There are some Bluetooth thermometers that measure temperatures up to 600 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Rotating Display – The digital readout moves to accommodate different angles. It is a highly useful feature when you are cooking different types of meats at once.
- Auto-Off – Some thermometers come with auto shut-off functionality that ensures the thermometer shuts off automatically when not in use to preserve the battery life.
- Backlight – It is best to have a thermometer with a backlight. This will offer you a clear display of the temperature even when the light is dim or dark.
- Waterproof – Always try to select a Bluetooth thermometer that holds resistance to water. It must be able to tolerate splashing of sauces, cooking juices, and dunks in water for calibrating or washing.
- Price – Lastly, pick a Bluetooth thermometer that does not break your budget. You must purchase a good thermometer that is equipped with all the modern functionalities and is at the same time friendly to your budget.
Some Important Tips on Using a Bluetooth Thermometer
- As your thermometer approaches the internal center of the meat, its reading may fall down. It is completely normal. Just make sure the coolest part of your food is within the safe temperature range before you eat it.
- For safe and accurate cooking results, it is essential to calibrate your Bluetooth thermometer first when you buy it and even at regular intervals after use.
- It is very important to keep your thermometers sanitized. You must sanitize your thermometer before use, after use, and between uses. Sanitization is even more important if you are switching thermometer from one dish to another.
- Salmonella is an illness from food that can occur by consuming undercooked meat.
- Trichinella spiralis is a worm larvae found in undercooked pork and game. Consuming this larva can cause Trichinosis, which is an illness involving gastrointestinal issues and other problems. The sensitivity of the illness depends on the amount of larvae consumed or ingested.
- It is of utmost importance to wash your thermometer’s probe by hand with warm water and dishwashing soap after every use.
- If you are cooking meat with stuffing, then even the stuffing must reach the minimum recommended cooking temperature so that it is safe to eat.
To Sum Up
A Bluetooth thermometer is an excellent kitchen device that can help you stay away from illnesses borne from undercooked food, especially meat. With the Bluetooth connectivity offered in these thermometers, it becomes easier to monitor the cooking food and avail accurate cooking temperature suggested by USDA for safe to eat food. Hence, pick up a Bluetooth thermometer for your kitchen from our list, as our list discusses the best Bluetooth thermometers available till date.
To know about the best deals on Bluetooth thermometers listed here, just click on the buying link right away!
Dr. David Taylor is a medical professional and an avid blogger. He holds an M.D. from Drexel University & a Ph.D. from Indiana University School of Medicine.
Dr. David loves to utilize technology to improve healthcare and he does it daily through BestRatedDocs.com. He founded the company in 2016 with the vision to make the discoverability of the best healthcare facilities & best products simple and easy. His passion for informatics and using technology to empower healthcare professionals and the patients they serve is unmatched. He regularly blogs about technology, health IT, medical products and other healthcare topics at bestrateddocs.com.
Last updated on 2020-06-28 // Source: Amazon Affiliates