The Best Medical Gloves that you can buy – Our Take
Disposable medical gloves are used extensively by many professions – doctors, nurses, dentists, cleaners, processed food servers, mechanics, and more. While non-medical professionals can use it as an alternative, those serving the chemical industry or healthcare industry have to use them compulsorily. To make things easier for you, here we list the 10 best medical gloves in 2018 based on their performance, features, price, and quality. But before we move ahead, it is important that you get aware of the different types of materials used for making these medical gloves. We can also consider them as the different types of medical gloves.
The use of medical gloves plays an important role in reducing the transfer of microorganisms between patients and healthcare workers, and vice versa. These medical gloves also prevent the exposure of bodies and skin from hazardous drugs, chemicals, and numerous cleaning agents.
In simple terms, medical gloves turn out to be the finest way to avoid exposure to transferable infections and harmful pathogens. It offers high durability due to their damage resistant nature. But just like other products, even medical gloves vary in features and price. Hence, before you rush to buy a medical glove, it is vital to keep a few things into consideration.
Different Types of Medical Gloves
The functionality of every medical glove is the same that is to prevent the transfer of harmful microorganisms and chemicals from one person to the other. But there are different types of medical gloves available, which differ on the basis of materials used to prepare them.
- Natural Rubber Latex Gloves
The NRL gloves are the dominant choice among healthcare workers for numerous years as they offer great protection to the users. The nature of materials lends a proper fit that offers comfort for the user and allows convenient hand movement.
Natural Rubber Latex gloves have a watery suspension of minute polymeric particles. The material is obtained from the Hevea brasiliensis tree. Latex is made of around 34% rubber polymer, 60% aqua, and 2 % protein. The remaining part is made of sugar, fatty acids, resins, and ash.
NRL is transformed into medical gloves undergoing complex manufacturing procedures. To enhance vulcanization and lasting preservation, numerous chemicals are added. These gloves have high flexibility, tensile strength, and excellent resistance to damage.
- Nitrile or Acrylonitrile
A great quality nitrile glove is another popular choice among medical professionals. These gloves are latex-sensitive and are great for the NRL-free environment. It offers a good biological barrier and is ideal when using certain chemicals. These gloves are available at a relatively expensive price as compared to other types of gloves.
- Vinyl or Synthetic Co-Polymers
Vinyl gloves are ideal for non-aseptic processes and tasks involving a low risk of contact with the body fluid. Such gloves are permeable to blood-borne viruses and possess low tensile strength, because of which they are prone to leakage.
- Polythene or Plastic
The medical gloves made of polythene are usually loose fitting. They have limited tensile strength. Such gloves are not meant for use in clinical areas but are perfect to handle or prepare food.
- Polychloroprene or Neoprene
Polychloroprene has physical properties same as NRL and hence is ideal for latex-free environments. Such medical gloves are useful when handling chemicals and when in contact with body fluids. But these gloves have certain environmental issues with disposal. It is because hydrogen chloride is released on incineration.
It is a synthetic rubber material used in preparing surgical gloves. Such gloves offer the advantage of having properties almost similar to latex gloves in terms of feel and fit. These gloves are ideal for those who want absolute protection, comfort, and tactile sensitivity. As compared to the neoprene gloves, these gloves offer better functionality.
Now let’s check the list of top 10 medical gloves 2018!
10 Best Medical Gloves 2018
1. MedPride Powder-Free Nitrile Exam Gloves, Medium Box/100
- The ideal solution for individuals sensitive to natural rubber latex and donning powder.
- Comfortable fit with textured fingertips for excellent tactile sensitivity.
- Extraordinary strength, stretchable durability and puncture resistance with premium iris blue color.
- Commonly used by law enforcement professionals, tattoo artists, physicians and first responders.
- Features smooth external finish and beaded cuff for extra durability.
The gloves have extraordinary strength and great resistance to damage or puncture. Also, it has stretchable durability that offers a great fit for the users. It is available in premium iris blue color and is commonly used by tattoo artists, law enforcement professionals, first responders, and physicians.
This medical glove also features smooth external finish and beaded cuff that offers extra durability. It does not leave any residue on hands or emits any odor even when hands are sweaty. The material is flexible enough to conveniently put on and take off. It fits snugly in hands and does not slide, still is non-restrictive.
- Great product for the money
- Does not leave any residue or odor on hands
- Can be used for varieties of tasks
- Medium-sized fit perfect for small and medium hands
- Good quality product
- Flexible material allowing easy put on and take off
- No irritation from material even when hands are sweaty
- Not great if you wish to protect yourself from harmful things
2. Diamond Gloves Black Advance Nitrile Examination Powder-Free Gloves, Heavy Duty, Large
- Latex free finger tip thickness: 6.3 mil, no powder lubricant added
- Upgrade version of black ravens, medical grade, special for auto industry, law enforcement and tattoo industry
- Ambidextrous, textured, beaded, non-sterile. Grip: Finger Micro Textured
- Extraordinary strength and puncture resistance while maintaining tactile sensitivity
- 100 pieces/box
The gloves are made of robust quality material that imparts them great resistance to damage even when you are doing tough jobs. Moreover, the gloves hold excellent resistance to chemicals and moisture and can last longer as compared to the cheap gloves available in the market.
These exam gloves are useful in hospitals and clinics. But you can also use them in auto and tattoo industry. They come in textured and beaded form and offer latex-free fingertip thickness of 6.3 mils. With extraordinary strength and great resistance to damage, the gloves can maintain excellent tactile sensitivity. If you want to buy a medical grade product but are on a tight budget then you can definitely settle for this product.
- Medical grade gloves
- Great resistance to damage
- Textured and beaded form
- Highly resistant to chemicals
- Extraordinary strength
- No powder lubricant added
- Non-sterile and latex-free
- Great all round gloves
- Not much flexible
3. Kimberly-Clark Professional 55801 Purple Nitrile Exam Gloves, 242 mm length
- A good fit and a good grip.
- Textured fingertips.
- Strong, easy-to-don beaded cuffs.
- Long, 9 1/2-inch ambidextrous design.
The gloves come with textured fingertips that allow users to work with confidence and ease. The gloves come with easy-to-don beaded cuffs that offer great durability and strength. Made of nitrile, which is synthetic rubber construction, the gloves eliminate the possibility of latex-oriented allergic reactions.
It is available in various sizes ranging from small to extra-large. Hence, you can get a glove perfect for your choice. In addition to an ambidextrous design, the gloves are disposable, available in wrist style and possess really good quality.
- Offer a good grip
- Excellent fit
- Easy to don beaded cuffs
- Strong and durable
- Ambidextrous design
- Sturdy construction
- Does not lead to allergic reactions
- You may not like the gloves if you do not like the purple color
4. Ammex VPF62100-BX Vinyl Medical Gloves
- Exam-grade vinyl gloves are approved for medical applications. They provide dependable barrier protection from bodily fluids, blood-borne pathogens, and other contaminants.
- Vinyl is a synthetic material made from polyvinyl chloride (PVC). It is less elastic than nitrile and latex, giving it a looser fit and a smooth, comfortable feel.
- Vinyl gloves are less elastic than nitrile and latex, giving it a looser fit and a smooth, comfortable feel. It helps prevent allergic reactions to latex proteins.
- 4 mils thick around the palm and fingers. The glove is 9.5 inches long measured from the tip of the finger to the cuff of the glove.
- Sizes range from small to extra large. Sold in box of 100 or case of 1000
Though the fit is not excellent and is quite loose, the feel is highly comfortable. Additionally, it prevents allergic reactions to the latex proteins. The gloves are 4 mils thick around the fingers and palm. They are 9.5 inches long measured from the tip of the finger to cuff of gloves.
The gloves are available in various sizes ranging from small to extra-large. Moreover, it is available at most affordable prices. You can get the gloves with ease and enjoy them at low prices.
- Exam-grade vinyl gloves
- Ideal for all kinds of environmental conditions
- Barrier protection from bodily fluids and other contaminants
- Less elastic than latex and nitrile
- Offers a comfortable fit
- Available in various sizes
- Available at low prices
- Powder-free and latex-free
- Some people may not like its loose fit
5. Dynarex 2511 SafeTouch Nitrile Exam Gloves, Non-Latex Powder Free, Small, Blue
- The ideal solution for individuals sensitive to natural rubber latex and donning powder
- Contains no allergy causing natural rubber proteins
- Extraordinary strength and puncture resistance while maintaining tactile sensitivity
- 510k registered and meet or exceed all current regulations
- 1 box contains 100 ambidextrous gloves
Due to excellent strength possessed by these gloves, you can use them without worrying about the accidental contacts with dangerous pathogens. This product keeps your hands secure and free from bacteria and germs. It is because it contains no allergy causing natural rubber proteins.
The medical gloves possess extraordinary strength and have great resistance to puncture while maintaining tactile sensitivity. The gloves are ambidextrous and feel more natural than both vinyl and latex.
- Perfect solution for people sensitive to donning powder
- Powder-free and non-sterile
- Remarkable elasticity
- Extremely durable
- Great to maintain tactile sensitivity
- Ambidextrous gloves
- Feel more natural than both latex and vinyl
- It is available in small size and may not be a perfect fit for large hands
6. Safeguard Nitrile Exam Gloves, Powder Free, Medical Grade Gloves, Latex Free, Large
- 100% SAFE: Allergen free, meets or exceeds ASTM and FDA examination glove standards
- PREMIUM QUALITY: Extremely durable and puncture resistance, highly elastic and more comfortable than latex and vinyl
- SUPERIOR TO LATEX: The ideal solution for individuals sensitive to natural rubber latex and donning powder
- AMBDEXIROUS: Fits right or left hand, Textured fingers for improved grip. Palm and fingers are contoured which provides a snug and secure fit
- LARGE DISPENSER PACK: 100 gloves per box
The medical gloves possess high elasticity and are comfortable than vinyl and latex. It is superior to latex and a perfect solution for people sensitive to donning powder and natural rubber latex. The glove is ambidextrous in nature that perfectly fits left or right hand. It comes with textured fingers for enhanced grip.
The palm and fingers of the glove are contoured ensuring that users have a secure and snug fit. You will get 100 disposable gloves in the pack.
- 100% safe
- Premium quality
- Extremely durable
- Resistance to puncture
- Textured fingers for enhanced grip
- Natural rubber latex and donning powder
- FDA examination glove standards
- Secure and proper fit
- Available in large size
7. Dynarex 2511 SafeTouch Nurse Gloves for Exam
- Powder-free latex exam gloves offer ideal solution for individuals who are sensitive to natural rubber latex and donning powder.
- Gloves are ambidextrous for increased versatility.
- Features beaded cuff for improved drip protection, and puncture resistance.
- Textured surface for superior grip when wet or dry, while maintaining tactile sensitivity.
- Low protein content
The gloves come in blue color and are available in a pack of 100. They efficiently meet the current FDA regulations. They are useful in all sorts of conditions be it hospitals, chemical industries, and others. The gloves are highly resistant to damage and are extremely sturdy.
The gloves have extraordinary strength and ideal for long-term use. It is a 510k registered product that meets or exceed the present regulations.
- Ideal for people sensitive to donning powder and natural rubber latex
- Perfect for allergy causing natural rubber proteins
- Possess extraordinary strength
- High resistance to puncture
- Excellent tactile sensitivity
- Gloves meet FDA regulations
- Useful in all kinds of environmental conditions
- Ideal for long-term use
- Exceed present regulations
- Slightly expensive
8. Dealmed Brand Nitrile Medical Grade Exam Gloves, Disposable, Latex-Free
- QUALITY CONSTRUCTION: Providing more protection and eliminating allergies associated with latex gloves, these Medical-Grade Exam Gloves are expertly crafted out of nitrile material to provide optimal protection and comfort.
- OPTIMAL COMFORT: The nitrile gloves are designed with a highly elastic fit and beaded cuffs to provide a snug, secure fit when wearing gloves for extended periods of time. Additionally, they offer tactile sensitivity for delicate patient care.
- UTMOST PROTECTION: Ambidextrous and disposable, these non-allergenic and non-irritating gloves are tested and approved for protection against fentanyl exposure, and strong enough to protect against liquids and chemicals.
- MULTI-PURPOSE USE: The Dealmed Nitrile Medical-Grade Exam Gloves are ideal for all-purpose medical use, police investigations, lab work, hair coloring, tattooing, food prep, painting, cleaning, pet care, home improvements, hobbies, and arts & crafts.
- EFFICIENT PACKAGING: Soft-Fill Technology dispenses the gloves with ease and unwrinkled because they are packaged flat. This allows for more efficient and expedient use when you need to grab a pair of gloves to protect your hands.
The gloves offer a comfortable fit and provide easy accessibility. The gloves have soft tactile sensitivity and greatly elastic fit that offers a secure and snug fit when wearing gloves for an extended period of time. You can open and remove the gloves for easy and quick use.
These medical gloves are non-allergic. They are latex and powder-free and do not irritate the skin. It is the best alternative for individuals with skin sensitivity to donning powder and rubber latex proteins. They are ambidextrous and offer a perfect fit. They can be used for food preparation, medical exams, and cleaning. You can use it for indoor as well as outdoor use.
These are all-purpose medical gloves that are available for affordable use.
- Premium quality and excellent strength
- Thick barrier protection
- Textured fingertips
- Resistance to chemicals, tears, and cuts
- Comfortable fit
- Easy accessibility
- Non-allergic in nature
- Ideal for outdoor use
- Available in black color
9. Curad CUR4125R Latex Exam Gloves, One Size Fits Most
- Curad comfort wear latex Exam Gloves
- Great finger sensitivity and grip
- Powder free
- Single Use only
- Fits either hand; One Size Fits Most
The gloves have great finger sensitivity, which is a material used to help improve the grip for easy and comfortable use. The powder-free glove is available in a pack of hundred at a throw-away price. They are ideal for single use only
It can fit either hand and one size fits most of the users. The gloves are available in a pack of 100. They offer great comfort and are the best for all sorts of users.
- Latex medical gloves
- Available in small or large sizes
- Disposable gloves
- Great for finger sensitivity
- Easy and comfortable use
- One size fits all
- They do not hold great resistance to harmful chemicals.
10. VersaPro Violet Nitrile Medical Gloves
- Meets FDA 510K Standards for Examination Gloves used in Medical Applications
- Tested for use with Chemotherapy Drugs using ASTM D 6987
- Textured Surface for Improved grip
- Passes ASTM F1671 Test Standards for Resistance to Penetration of Blood Borne Pathogens
- Latex and Powder Free
It is a chemo-rate and FDA approved glove, which makes it suitable for use in hospital settings. Moreover, the gloves come with a textured surface that enhances grip. The gloves are powder-free and latex-free. For this reason, they are perfect for people prone to allergic reactions.
In addition to this, the gloves have passed ASTM F1671 test standards and therefore hold excellent resistance to penetration of bloodborne pathogens. They are powder and latex free and meet the Drug, Federal Food, and Cosmetic Act that allows repeated use in direct contact with foods.
- Meets FDA 510K standards
- Chemo-rated gloves passed ASTM D 6987 standards
- Textured surface for enhanced grip
- Resistance to bloodborne pathogens
- Powder and latex free
- Repeated use in cosmetic, food, and the auto industry
- They are available in small size, and hence, may not fit perfectly to large hands
Important Things to Consider When Buying Medical Gloves
Medical gloves are highly versatile, but there are other types of gloves also available in the market. This can make things complex and confusing for you. Hence, you must consider some important aspects in order to purchase the best medical gloves.
- Industrial vs. Medical Gloves
When selecting the best medical gloves, you must have a clear understanding between industrial and medical gloves.
Industrial gloves are best suited for applications that involve handling of solvents and harsh chemicals. Such gloves are highly useful in industries like automotive, chemical, janitorial, and food service.
Medical grade gloves, also known as exam grade gloves are ideally suited for use where there is a risk of coming in contact with environmental contaminants and bloodborne pathogens. Such gloves are commonly used in medical, dental offices, laboratories, and hospitals. These gloves are tested rigorously and meet FDA standards and guidelines. For this reason, the gloves offer great durability, strength, and barrier for rigid applications. Also, these gloves eliminate potential risks for all kinds of allergies.
- Thickness of Glove
Most of the gloves are available in different gauges, or thickness ranging between 6-8 mils. These are heavy duty gloves that are designed to perform efficiently under harsh environments. The thicker these gloves are, the better they offer longer permeation timeframe while working with chemicals. Also, the gloves possess great resistance to tear and damage. Also, medical grade gloves offer more flexibility and dexterity.
- Finish and Texture
If you want medical gloves that offer enhanced grip and fit, then pick gloves with a textured finish on fingers and palm. Usually, a diamond pattern glove enhances the grip in wet as well as dry conditions. Most of the nitrile medical gloves have a chlorinated finish that reduces stickiness and makes it convenient to pull off and put on the gloves.
- Powder-Free vs. Powdered
The two common types of medical gloves available are powder-free and powdered. Powder-free gloves come with a polymer or chlorinated finish, which makes it convenient to doff and don your gloves without the messiness of powder. The powder medical gloves are helpful as it absorbs additional moisture content that aids in putting the gloves.
- Glove Size
A large number of people underestimate the significance of a well-fitting glove. The size of medical gloves may differ. Hence, it is highly suggested to try samples so that you can determine the size of medical gloves, which a perfect fit for you. With the correct glove size, it is possible to enhance the comfort and increase tactile sensitivity in every application.
- Glove Color
Another great thing about medical gloves is that they are available in varieties of color. Such colors are designed to promote efficiency and safety in the workplace. With color coding medical gloves, it is possible to assist in differentiating the glove sizes and prevent cross-contamination. The blue color is standard color for medical gloves. The black nitrile gloves are meant mainly for use in automobile applications and work environments related to grime and oil. In case you need additional help, you could wear two gloves at a time.
Some Important Guidelines on Using Medical Gloves
- Gloves must always be worn where there is a severe risk of infection.
- Wear medical gloves only when it is necessary.
- It is of utmost importance to wear medical gloves when in direct contact with body fluids, blood, mucous membranes or non-intact skin.
- Avoid using powdered gloves in the medical arena as there are proteins allergens present in NRL bind. This may become airborne and can increase the risk of infection.
- Make sure you wash your hand properly before donning gloves and right after removing them.
- Gloves must fit properly as stated by the Health and Safety experts.
- It is mandatory to change gloves after every session of patient care.
- There is no substitute for hygiene than medical gloves.
- Avoid washing your hands with alcohol-based lotions or gels on gloves to enhance usage.
- Make sure you pick the correct kind of glove for the procedure to be performed.
When selecting the next disposable medical glove, be sure to take all these factors into consideration. It is because medical gloves are an important part of the uniform for most of the workers in the healthcare profession. Getting the best gloves for your job is crucial as it can make a huge difference to your day-to-day work. Hence, pick the best medical glove and stay away from all sorts of contaminants and harmful pathogens.
Dr. David Taylor is a medical professional and an avid blogger. He holds an M.D. from Drexel University & a Ph.D. from Indiana University School of Medicine.
Dr. David loves to utilize technology to improve healthcare and he does it daily through BestRatedDocs.com. He founded the company in 2016 with the vision to make the discoverability of the best healthcare facilities & best products simple and easy. His passion for informatics and using technology to empower healthcare professionals and the patients they serve is unmatched. He regularly blogs about technology, health IT, medical products and other healthcare topics at bestrateddocs.com.
Last updated on 2020-04-02 // Source: Amazon Affiliates