Most Expensive Thermometers – The Ultimate Guide (updated)
High body temperature can be a warning sign of severe illness. If you are body temperature is consistently high, it becomes essential to regularly monitor it.
The handiest medical equipment to monitor the temperature of your body is a Thermometer.
Whether it is your home, workplace, or you are traveling, having a thermometer nearby gives you the ease to keep a close check on your body’s temperature. But it is not worth investing in a low-quality thermometer offering limited features.
Hence, we suggest you pick an expensive thermometer that allows measuring temperature faster and comes with various features such as fever alarms, clear displays, and more.
We have shortlisted the best expensive thermometers for you. Here, check our comprehensive guide!
1. Fluke Calibration HART – 5699F Metal-Sheath Standard Platinum Resistance Thermometer, -200 to 670 Degree Celsius
Price – $10,519.60
- Range to aluminum point (660 °C )
- Inconel and platinum sheaths guard against contamination
- Less than 8 mK/year drift
- Many calibration options available including by fixed point
- Fifth wire provides shield ground
This model weighs 1.50 pounds and is proven to outperform other competitive models. It comes with a sensor with protective sheathing material that lets your SPRT to be utilized in almost any furnace or during bath. This thermometer can precisely measure high temperatures of up to 670 Degree Celsius.
- High-temperature range measurement
- Platinum and Inconel sheaths guard against contamination
- Less than 8 mk/year drift
- Fifth wire offering shield ground
- Numerous calibration options with a fixed point
- Perfect to measure extreme temperatures
- Lightweight and simple design
- Easy to use
- Delivers accurate results every time
- It is a medical-grade product not meant for home or personal use.
2. Forehead Thermometer, Non-Contact Infrared Forehead F/C Digital Thermometer Fever Alarm and Memory Function for Adults, Baby, Kids with LCD Display
Price – $6499.00
This non-contact infrared thermometer reads temperature from the forehead without any physical contact, thereby preventing cross-infection between multiple users. It can be used to measure temperatures of the human body and various objects such as bathwater, milk, food storage, grilling wine, BBQ, and more.
This multi-mode device is ideal for all ages, adults, elderly, and infants. It also measures room temperature and offers easy functionality with a single touch of a button. The three-color clear LCD -display ensures easy reading. It beeps for fever or extreme temperature.
- Non-contact infrared technology
- Multi-mode functionality with a switch of a button
- Three color LCD-display
- Inbuilt with fever alarm
- Unique object mode button
- Auto shut-off functionality
- Fast measurement in just one second
- Memory recall
- Measures temperature of humans and objects
- Useful for all ages, from infants to elders
- Easy to read the temperature
- Measures extreme temperatures
- Delivers high accurate results
- There is no battery included. Hence, you have to spend additional money on new batteries.
3. Fluke Calibration 1524-P2-156 Calibration Reference Thermometer with 5628 PRT, NIST Traceable Calibration, 2 Channel, 115V
Price – $3952.00
- Measure RTDs, PRTs, thermistors and thermocouples
- High accuracy: PRTs up to ± 0.011 °C and thermocouples: up to ± 0.24 °
- Two channels with datalogging of up to 15,000 time- and date-stamped measurements
- Graphical temperature trend feature
- Info-Con connectors store probe parameters
If you are looking for extremely accurate results for product yields, compliance, energy savings, or for any other purpose, this thermometer from Fluke is a perfect choice. It is a high-grade product delivering consistently precise results. The 1523/24 utilizes current reversal technique, which is used in various high-end instruments. It alleviates thermal EMFs, delivering precise temperature measurements.
It guarantees specifications from -10 Degree Celsius to 60 Degree Celsius. The unique precision resistors and stable voltage reference make sure you always get fast results. The product has been rigorously tested for extreme temperatures and measurements under harsh conditions. It is lightweight, portable and comes with a magnetic hanger that lets you hang the device for convenient viewing while keeping your hands free.
- Measures thermistors, thermocouples, PRTs, and RTDs
- High accurate results
- Graphical temperature technique
- Info-con connectors
- Probe parameters
- Dual channels with data logging of up to 15,000 times
- Date stamped measurements
- Lightweight and compact size
- Comes with a hanger that frees your hand
- Easy to use
- Integrated with advanced technologies
- It stores data for only 25 measured statistics and values
4. Digital Forehead Thermometer for Adults and Children, Non-Contact Infrared Baby Thermometer with Accurate Instant Readings – CE and FDA Approved (50pcs)
Price – $4500.00
No products found.
This high-tech infrared sensor is an innovative device that delivers fast and safe measurements in just one second. The LCD-display with backlight ensures clear reading. It comes with dual modes that let measure the body temperature through ear or forehead.
There is a fever alarm function that triggers when the temperature reaches 38 Degree Celsius. The short beep warns the patient for high temperature. However, it may lead to a .1cm error when there is a difference in room temperatures.
- Innovative infrared sensor
- LDS display with backlight
- Fever alarm function
- Dual-mode operation
- Fast and safe measurement in 1 second
- Allows clear reading of the temperature
- Measures body temperature through ear and forehead
- May lead to a slight error when room temperature differs
5. (50 Pcs) Forehead Thermometer, Non-Contact Infrared Forehead Digital Thermometer Fever Alarm and Memory Function for Adults, Baby, Kids with LCD Display
Price – $3499.00
- 1.Non-contact infrared technology reads from forehead with no physical contact,prevents cross-infection between multiple people,which is applicable for Human...
- 2.Multi-mode Thermometer:This thermometer is suitable for all ages, infants, adults and the elderly. It not only supports forehead function, but also...
- 3.Three Color Backlight: Clear LCD display for easy reading.Green backlight for normal temperature for baby, Orange backlight for slight fever and Red back...
- 4.Easy to use with high accuracy:The thermometer for fever allows you to measure the temperature of a room or cup immediately while pressing the object mode...
- 5.Full 2 Years Warranty,for All Moes devices on Amazon,60 Days Refund Guarantee,Your complete satisfaction is Moes goal for all its customers.
This non-contact infrared thermometer measures temperature from the forehead without any physical contact with the person. It prevents cross-infection between various people and even measures the temperature for objects. The multi-mode functionality is ideal for adults, elders, infants, and people of all ages. It displays readings in Fahrenheit or Celsius.
The 3-color backlight LCD color display allows convenient reading of temperature and patented probe design offers great precision with a distance from 5-8cm. The auto-shutoff mechanism saves memory and stores up to the last 10 readings.
- No contact infrared technique
- Multi-mode usability
- One-button switch measurement
- Clear LCD Display
- Store up to last 10 readings
- Patented probe design
- Auto shut off
- Measures temperature for the human body and objects
- Allows a clear view of the temperature
- Let you read previous readings
- Easy to use
- High accurate results
- It comes without batteries.
Picking a suitable thermometer can be tricky. Here are a few important considerations to check to ensure you pick the best thermometer.
In addition to temperature readings, it is good to buy a thermometer that offers other features and functionalities. It is best if your thermometer has an LCD-display, fever alarm, one-touch use, storing family temperatures, and more such functionalities. Such features are useful when you have to regularly monitor the temperature.
2. Ease of Use
Your thermometer must be easy to use. It is best to pick one that offers one-touch usability.
The most essential trait for any thermometer is that it must deliver accurate results. It is therefore essential to select a high-grade thermometer from a reputed brand. Variations in temperature readings can lead to improper results. Hence, pick a high precision thermometer only.
4. Response Time
Some thermometers deliver results in just one second. Such thermometers are quite handy when it comes to monitoring infants and small kids.
5. No Body Contact
If you will be using one thermometer for the entire family, it is best to pick one that measures temperature without any contact with the body. This prevents pass of infection from one person to the other.
Few thermometer models come with protective probe covers, case covers, and other safety accessories, which may be a choking hazard for kids. If you are buying a thermometer for kids or infants, it must be free from small parts.
7. Cleaning and Maintenance
Thermometers that need less maintenance and offers lasting performance are better than those that need regular cleaning and maintenance. For this reason, a large number of people prefer buying infrared thermometers.
Q. What is the best way to use a thermometer?
A. Your thermometer may either come with a mercury tip or monitors temperature from a distance. The best way to measure temperature using a thermometer is to place it on or close to the forehead or ear depending on the model.
Q. Does high body temperature is a serious warning sign?
A. If a patient is suffering from high body temperature for more than two days, it becomes essential to seek medical assistance fast. Yes, continuous high temperature is a warning sign.
Q. Is it worth buying an expensive thermometer?
A. You must buy a thermometer depending on your budget. However, a low-grade or budgeted thermometer may not offer features, functionalities, and ease of use as that offered by an expensive one. If your budget allows, it is best to purchase an expensive thermometer, which is usually, a one-time cost.
Infrared or contactless thermometers are the most expensive ones. They allow measuring body temperature from a distance. Though buying an expensive thermometer can be a big deal initially, but they require less maintenance and cleaning. Also, if you want a multipurpose thermometer, you must purchase one that can measure the temperature of the human body and objects.
Dr. David Taylor is a medical professional and an avid blogger. He holds an M.D. from Drexel University & a Ph.D. from Indiana University School of Medicine.
Dr. David loves to utilize technology to improve healthcare and he does it daily through BestRatedDocs.com. He founded the company in 2016 with the vision to make the discoverability of the best healthcare facilities & best products simple and easy. His passion for informatics and using technology to empower healthcare professionals and the patients they serve is unmatched. He regularly blogs about technology, health IT, medical products and other healthcare topics at bestrateddocs.com.
Last updated on 2020-05-28 // Source: Amazon Affiliates