14 Best Back Braces For Lower & Upper Back Pain – Our Recommendations [Updated]
Every day, we spend hours in front of a computer. And, not everyone has the luxury of an expensive chair with back support. As a result, corporate life has become one of the leading causes of back pain. Consequently, not everyone realizes the significance of the lower back. All your internal organs, your hands, and your legs function because of the back. The spinal cord runs through your back and connects your brain to the body. Similarly, the spine is essential for the functioning of your nervous system. And during an injury, only the best back braces can compress your back and aid in recovery.
- 1 What is a Back Brace?
- 2 Types Of Back Braces
- 3 Benefits Of Using The Best Back Braces
- 4 Top Back Braces For Everyday Use
- 5 Best Back Braces For Various Injuries
- 6 Back Back Brace For Men
- 7 Best Back Brace For Women
- 8 Best Back Brace for Lower Back Pain
- 9 Best Back Brace for Upper Back Pain
- 10 Features:
- 11 Best Back Brace For Posture
- 12 Best Back Brace For Posture at Work
- 13 Best Back Brace For Weight Lifting
- 14 Best Medical Back Brace
- 15 Best Thoracic Back Brace
- 16 Back Back Brace For Sciatica
- 17 Best Back Brace For Herniated Disc
- 18 Best Inflatable Back Brace
- 19 Best Velcro Back Brace
- 20 Buyers Guide To The Best Back Braces
What is a Back Brace?
The back brace is a non-surgical way to improve your backs’ health. Firstly, in times of an injury, strapping on a back brace can increase blood circulation and help aid in recovery. Secondly, a back brace is a product worn over your back and can also be used to prevent an injury from occurring. Also, athletes, especially weightlifters, often face lower back injuries due to excessive strain. These braces offer compression on different levels, and there are different types of back braces available. Keep in mind, a rupture on the disks in your back can lead to inflammations, sprains, and injuries that could leave you in pain.
Back braces treat injuries ranging from Arthritis to osteoporosis. Additionally, the product is economical and can be used by anyone at any time.
Types Of Back Braces
Before you make your purchase, you need to know the types of back braces that are available.
1) Flexible Back Braces: Just as the name indicates, the flexible back brace is very easy to strap on and convenient for people who need a brace for everyday use. This back brace prevents injuries from taking place. The braces are made using synthetic materials and flexible rubber. Flexible back braces come in the form of belts and corsets that compress your lower and upper back.
One of the essential features of this product is the increased range of motion but with restriction. They apply light pressure, which aids in healing. Also, they are readily available over the counter.
2) Rigid Braces – If you have severe injuries, you need the best back braces to get the recovery going. Rigid back braces offer more compression and keep your back from moving. The product reduces pressure on the back and increases blood circulation in your muscles. This kind of Brace is usually provided by a medical professional. They are made comfortable and are very useful for battling severe injuries to the back.
Benefits Of Using The Best Back Braces
By limiting your movement, the back brace reduces lower back pain. Lumbar support is essential for functioning effectively. And besides the support, here are some more benefits you can get by using back braces:
- Improves Posture: By keeping you upright, the back brace helps you get through a day at work without any pain. Your lower back is held stiff and is not allowed to move. With the right Brace, you can keep your entire back upright, and it leads to recovery rather than injury.
- Ease of Use: Back braces have straps and are very easy to put on. You can use the Brace anywhere, and the product keeps your back health in check.
- Healing: Not only does a back brace prevent injury from taking place, but it also works as a non-drug and non-surgical way to treat injuries that affect your back.
With these benefits, let’s look at some of the best back braces available online.
Top Back Braces For Everyday Use
- Ergodyne ProFlex 1600 Back Support Brace – The Erfodyne ProFlex is a back brace that comes with support straps to keep your back in check and offers extra-firm compression
- BraceAbility Women's Back Brace for Female – BraceAbility Womens Back Brace, women can continue their work without any chance of a hernia.
- Mueller Adjustable Back Brace – Mueller goes one step further by providing you with posture control.
- aliveGOT Shoulder Back Support – The product has excellent reviews and is lightweight. It is perfect for athletes who want to maintain the correct form.
- Copper Fit Back Brace Reviews - Back Pro Compression – By using the NeatEngineering Posture brace, you can keep your back straight and forget about injuries that bad posture can bring
- BraceAbility Industrial Work Back Brace – The Braceability back Brace is on our list of the best back braces because of its steady nature.
- BraceUP Stabilizing Lumbar Lower Back Brace – This Brace is easy to use and has a mesh cover that allows your skin to breathe easily and improves recovery
- Alpha Medical Pain Relieving Back Brace – Alpha Medical Back brace has a range of features that could make it your favourite.
Best Back Braces For Various Injuries
- TLSO Thoracic Full Back Brace – TLSO Thoracic Back Brace is a great product that holds your back intact with a mechanical pulley system.
- BraceAbility XXXL Plus Size Elastic & Neoprene Compression Back Brace – Braceability helps you combat this ailment with this back brace. Once you choose your size, you can use it for day time or night time relief.
- Everyday Medical Umbilical Hernia Belt – The Brace is easy to use and compresses your back, improving circulation and keeping your upper body ready for a workout.
- ZSZBACE Physio Decompression Back Belt – It applies the right amount of pressure and keeps your lower back braced for any kind of external force.
- Mueller Lumbar Back Brace 64179 Adjustable – Mueller is one of the most trusted brands providing its customers with more than just back braces
Here’s a look at our recommendations for the best back braces in for different injuries and situations:
Back Back Brace For Men
1) Ergodyne ProFlex 1600 Back Support Brace
From working on a computer in an office to delivering products every day, men work jobs that can leave their back in pain. From a small sprain to a twist, the back can give way to an injury at any time. The Erfodyne ProFlex is a back brace that comes with support straps to keep your back in check and offers extra-firm compression.
This product is very comfortable for men and works over the shirt. You can detach the straps and adjust the belt whenever required. The rubber track webbing keeps the belt firm on your waist, and it comes in different sizes for men of various hip sizes.
With the extra lumbar support, this back brace is great for men who work out with heavy weights and want to prevent an injury.
- Comes with adjustable over shoulder straps
- Easy to use and easy to adjust
- Rubber track webbing for a secure fit
Precaution: The straps cross each other through a single buckle. It is a little challenging to adjust the strap for use.
Best Back Brace For Women
2) BraceAbility Women’s Back Brace for Female
Women often face a risk of back injury at work and in fitness. From yoga to lifting weights, the lower back is continuously put under excessive pressure. This pressure can lead to sharp pains and problems with the disks in the spine. But by using the 10-inch BraceAbility Womens Back Brace, women can continue their work without any chance of a hernia.
The product has a wide variety of sizes for different women and is very comfortable. This is easily one of the best back braces for women because it is perfect for everyday movements and is lightweight.
- Tall 10-inch product height
- Very comfortable
- Made of form-fitting elastic
- Comes in different sizes
- The best product for women with sprains, tears, or other back injuries
Precautions: When checking the size of the product, make sure you measure your waist along with the belly button.
Best Back Brace for Lower Back Pain
3) Meuller Back Brace – Adjustable
One of the best brands online today is Mueller, with its stunning range of back braces. Not only is this product perfect for an individual with arthritic conditions, but it is also designed to relieve back soreness. This Brace is light and packs a punch when it comes to a speedy recovery. With eight steel springs on your back, your lumbar support is guaranteed. Mueller goes one step further by providing you with posture control.
- Reduces load on disks L1 to L5
- Posture control
- Tight compression
- Works for weight liftings
- Trusted brand
- Eight steel springs for rapid healing
Precautions: Remember to remove the steel springs before washing the product.
Best Back Brace for Upper Back Pain
4) aliveGOT Shoulder Back Support, Posture Corrector, Adjustable Back Brace
Protecting your upper back is just as important as the lower back. The Upper back holds your ribs and is prone to hunching. It can take place without your notice and can lead to breathing problems. The aliveGOT back support is a very reliable back brace that works wonders by pulling your shoulders behind and pushing your chest out. The product has excellent reviews and is lightweight. It is perfect for athletes who want to maintain the correct form.
It is easily adjustable and comfortable to use over the skin. The product also works by providing overall protection and posture correction.
- Can be worn at any time
- Perfect for daily use
- Easy to wash
- Easily adjustable
- Can be worn under clothes
- Helps your back build muscle memory for correct posture
Precautions: The product should be used for only 10 minutes a day until you get use to wearing it.
Best Back Brace For Posture
5) Copper Fit Back Brace Reviews – Back Pro Compression
Incorrect posture is one of the leading causes of back sprains and injuries. By spending long hours hunched forward, you are bending your ribs inwards and decreasing blood flow and circulation in your body. Bad posture has also been linked to psychological problems and affects a person’s physique. By using the Copper Fit Back Brace, you can keep your back straight and forget about injuries that bad posture can bring. The Brace keeps your spine erect and allows you to move your upper body freely. This Brace comes in different sizes and keeps your thoracic spine intact. The Copper Fit Back Brace is made of 100% polyster. The product also has adjustable shoulder straps that push your chest out.
- Easy to use
- Comes in different sizes
- Support Wrap Compression
- Polyster Body
- Treats sprains, Spondylolisthesis, and scoliosis
Precautions: Make sure you hand wash the product after use and lay it flat to dry.
Best Back Brace For Posture at Work
6) BraceAbility Industrial Work Back Brace
More people in the corporate sector are suffering from back pain due to bad sitting posture combined with long hours of work. Sprains, hernias, and other injuries can also take place if you earn your bread through physical labour. But you need to male sure you can prevent damage to your back. The Braceability back Brace is on our list of the best back braces because of its steady nature. The over shoulder straps keep your back brace firm and allow you to continue working without any discomfort. The product is flexible and ideal for working conditions that require back support for lifting.
- Breathable material
- Adjustable straps
- Designed to treat strains, hernia, and protect back
- Medical grade velcro
Precautions: Detach the shoulder straps while you wash the product, avoid any damage.
Best Back Brace For Weight Lifting
7) BraceUP Stabilizing Lumbar Weight Lifting Back Brace
Whether you lift weights for fitness or work, you risk your back’s health by not using a back brace. Even if you do not have a brace, it is recommended that you use one to prevent any kind of damage from occurring. You need to make sure your back is compressed and stays straight while you lift. The BraceUP lower back brace is one of the best back braces in the market. This Brace is easy to use and has a mesh cover that allows your skin to breathe easily and improves recovery. It is lightweight, durable, and stays in one place once fixed. It comes in different sizes and is perfect for weightlifters.
- Dual-adjustment strap for added compression
- Mesh Panels for ventilation
- Lightweight and Durable
- Anti-slipping straps
Precautions: Make sure you measure your hip around your belly button to find your correct size.
Best Medical Back Brace
8) Alpha Medical Pain Relieving Back Brace
Hernias, Arthritis, and other serious injuries often require a little more attention than the usual sprain. Some of these injuries leave the affected individual in unbearable pain, and you need a certified back brace to tackle this situation. For post-operative and chronic back pains, the Alpha Medical Back brace has a range of features that could make it your favourite. With advanced compression and lightweight design, it has two thumb levers that you can use to adjust.
- Easy to use
- Thumb loops can be used to adjust compression
- Provides excellent pain relief
- Thicker body provides better support
- Can be used for bulging disks, hernia, and spinal stenosis
Precautions: Do not use hot water or hot drying while cleaning this Brace.
Best Thoracic Back Brace
9) TLSO Thoracic Full Back Brace
By connecting the cervical spine with the lumbar spine, the Thoracic makes itself significant. Remember that, under extreme pressure, the Thoracic spine can cause an individual immense pain and discomfort. Also, it is caused by bad posture or lifting heavy objects. TLSO Thoracic Back Brace is a great product that holds your backintact with a mechanical pulley system. Additionally, it is a full-body brace that works wonders for people who are recovering from Thoracic pain. Besides, it is easy to use and comes in different sizes.
- Full body support
- Mechanical pulley – 5x extra compression
- Fastens and loosens easily
- Treats bad posture, hyperextension, spinal compression fractures, and spinal stenosis
Precautions: Due to the strap layer, the Brace is a little difficult to wash.
Back Back Brace For Sciatica
10) BraceAbility XXXL Plus Size Elastic & Neoprene Compression Back Brace
The Sciatic nerve branches out from the lower back into your thighs and down each leg. Sciatica is a condition where this nerve sends sharp pain straight down to your feet. It usually happens only with one foot. The pain originates from the lower back region when there is too much pressure on the nerve and back. Braceability helps you combat this ailment with this back brace. Once you choose your size, you can use it for day time or night time relief.
- Comes in different sizes
- Treats stiffness, sprains, soreness, hernia, sciatica, spondylolysis, and Spondylolisthesis
- You can place a hot or cold pack in the pouch of the Brace
Precautions: Make sure you find your perfect size so you can get the maximum benefit from this product.
Best Back Brace For Herniated Disc
11) Everyday Medical Umbilical Hernia Belt
Each of your organs are guarded by muscle and bone. When your organ gets out of the protective barrier, it is called a hernia. It is caused by applying excessive pressure on the specified part of your body. Weightlifters often face this issue while lifting heavy weights, and a lot of pain follows it. To prevent a hernia, try using an Every Day Medical Hernia Belt. The Brace is easy to use and compresses your back, improving circulation and keeping your upper body ready for a workout. It also helps post-surgery to keep your back intact.
- Provides vital compression for your hernia
- Improves posture
- Lightweight and easy to use
- Durable and Reliable
- provides instant pain relief
Precautions: The product does not have straps, make sure the size is perfect, so it stays firmly over your hips.
Best Inflatable Back Brace
12) ZSZBACE Physio Decompression Back Belt
* PAIN RELIEF- Reducing pain and pressure on pinched nerves. Stretch & relieve tight lower back muscles and relieve lower back pain & stiffness. * DECREASE THE PRESSURE OF LUMBAR- Through traction, reduce the burden around ligament, bring good rest for damaged lumbar fibrous ring. The belt... * REASONABLE DESIGE- Spinal traction belt is designed according to principle of traction, and realized vertical traction successfully, and then... * ONE SIZE FITS MOST WAIST- Belt will fit less than 51 inch waists, light and portable.Great gift for the people who have the job that needs long time... * PACKAGE INCLUDE- 1X Decompression back belt, 1X Extension belt, 1X Hand pump
* PAIN RELIEF- Reducing pain and pressure on pinched nerves. Stretch & relieve tight lower back muscles and relieve lower back pain & stiffness.
* DECREASE THE PRESSURE OF LUMBAR- Through traction, reduce the burden around ligament, bring good rest for damaged lumbar fibrous ring. The belt...
* REASONABLE DESIGE- Spinal traction belt is designed according to principle of traction, and realized vertical traction successfully, and then...
* ONE SIZE FITS MOST WAIST- Belt will fit less than 51 inch waists, light and portable.Great gift for the people who have the job that needs long time...
* PACKAGE INCLUDE- 1X Decompression back belt, 1X Extension belt, 1X Hand pump
For back pains, sprains, hernia, and other injuries, an inflatable back brace can be beneficial. The product has a hand pump which allows you to inflate the device once it is strapped on your hip. Additionally, it applies the right amount of pressure and keeps your lower back braced for any kind of external force. Because it is inflatable, one size fits all.
- Comfortable and easy to use
- Comes with a hand pump and extension belt
- Reduces pain, stretches and relieves stiffness in the lower back
- Transfers weight off the spine
Precautions: Do not wear the best while sleeping.
Best Velcro Back Brace
13) Mueller Lumbar Back Brace 64179 Adjustable
Mueller is one of the most trusted brands providing its customers with more than just back braces. The brand is a trusted name and has a range of products that can help you with back injuries such as Osteoarthritis, hernia, sprains, and many more. This product has an adjustable Velcro body and keeps your back safe and secure. Additionally, it provides excellent posture support.
- Velcro compression
- Easy to Use
- Contains natural rubber latex
- Comes with steel springs and a lumbar pad
Precautions: Do not bleach, Air Dry, or use fabric softener on the product.
Buyers Guide To The Best Back Braces
Here are a couple of things to look out for when you buy a back brace.
- Cost – Make sure you get more value out of your back brace when you make a purchase. Having additional functions, such as posture correction and pain relief, are vital.
- Size – Check the product description to find out how you can find your size before making a purchase. To clarify, if the back brace is too big, it will not compress, and you will lose out on the recovery.
- Type – We have specified different types of Back braces above. Find out which type is more convenient and necessary for your situation before making a purchase.
- Warranty – Always pick a Back brace that comes with a warranty and return policy. This feature is an easy way to determine if a brand is trustworthy.
- Comfort – You might have to wear the back brace for long periods. Make sure it is comfortable, so you don’t have skin irritation while using it.
- Material – Having soft material that can be easily washed is essential for daily use. If the material is not good, it might wear out the back brace and cause an inconvenience.
Conclusion: Your back supports your upper body. Posture is critical to avoid injuries to your rib cage and internal organs. Posture can lead to both psychological and physical problems. Also, Bad posture leads to breathing problems. It also demotivates you and ruins your physique. Your back is vital for moving your upper body up and down. And, by having bad posture you might limit this movement. Lower and upper back pains are a constant problem for people with bad posture, and medical experts will always recommend the best back braces to keep your backs health in check.
Dr. David Taylor is a medical professional and an avid blogger. He holds an M.D. from Drexel University & a Ph.D. from Indiana University School of Medicine.
Dr. David loves to utilize technology to improve healthcare and he does it daily through BestRatedDocs.com. He founded the company in 2016 with the vision to make the discoverability of the best healthcare facilities & best products simple and easy. His passion for informatics and using technology to empower healthcare professionals and the patients they serve is unmatched. He regularly blogs about technology, health IT, medical products and other healthcare topics at bestrateddocs.com.
Last updated on 2020-06-28 // Source: Amazon Affiliates